Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

January 22, 2008

Are we there yet?

On the Road to Recovery...
Are we there yet???


I've got a new journal I picked up a couple months ago (I love what it says on the cover -Love Who You Are), a brand new pen that looks like a jeweled lip stick that my kindred-spirit friend, Jeannette gave me.  We've called ourselves that since Anne of Green Gables, and neither one of us remembers just how long we've been friends ~ so many life experiences.  You know, the person you go to when you really need someone to talk to...
 

I've got lots & lots of magazines.   I never have time to read them and I haven't touched one today, I have a pretty, sparkly watch thanks to my daughter, so I can "while away the hours" (in style) quoting the Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz.
~A bit stir crazy though... 
Most of our pets are wondering what's happening, except Giles since he and I watched Harvey today.  If you haven't had a chance to see this old movie with Jimmy Stewart, give it a try, it's a real joy... Looking at life through rose colored glasses for a change, just for a couple of hours.  I think I will add this movie to my list of when I'm down movies to watch, it'll do the trick.

AND...


I've got this beautiful birthday cake waiting
in the "ice box" for me
Black Forest Cake with Sour Cherries Soaked in Cognac, yum.

I have arrived at my destination!


9 comments:

The Rose Room said...

Happy Birthday, happy cake eating:) Rachael

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Tracie. I'd love to know what day your birthday actually is. I'm so excited that you visited my blog and boutique! I hope you are soon on the mend! Rachel

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Tracie, thanks for stopping by. I will definitely be back to browse your blog when I have a little more time. Looks like fun! So nice to meet you & please drop by again often.

xo,
Rhoda

NAME: CIELO said...

Hi Tracey birthday girl! It takes seventy-two muscles to frown, but only thirteen to smile, and I know you can do that, even if you are not feeling too good.

So there, smile and have a happy Happy Birthday, my dear!

Cielo

Fete et Fleur said...

Happy Birthday! Everything looks scrumptious!!

Hugs and Sweet Wishes to You.

Nancy

Sunflower said...

I love your blog.....so beautiful! I hope you'll visit mine, too. So wonderful to find people like you!
Debbie

Margaret said...

Happy Birthday! What a lovely blog! Harvey is an excellent film...I just love Jimmy Stewart's early movies (Mr. Smith Goes to Washington is such a classic).

Flea Market Queen said...

Happy Birthday...
Enjoy your beautiful cake & relax with a magazine!
Priscilla

Gail McCormack said...

Happy belated Birthday Tracie. Thanks for visiting my blog, you made me laugh with your comments, specially the one about retaking the photo cause of the spider web, I usually put my photos into my photo edit program and edit out the bits of mould or rotting boards! wouldn't it be good if we could apply photo shop in real life, you know just erase the problem! Enjoyed meeting you