Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

January 31, 2008

What'll I Do?

I'm not speaking of Irving Berlin's beautiful lyrics~
Gone is the romance that was so divine.
'Tis broken and cannot be mended.
You must go your way,
And I must go mine.
But now that our love dreams have ended...

What'll I do
When you are far away
And I am blue
What'll I do?....

Or the movie that made me fall in love with Robert Redford,
linens and bunches & bunches of roses for Daisy and guest houses 
and the little tiny freckles on Mia Farrow's face and  (oh I've lost myself already....)

(I won't even begin to comment on F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel, ahhh...)

Now, this isn't a pretty sight and I need some assistance~

What'll I do...

With all the decorating magazines that I have, but cannot bear 
to part with?  I have not caught up for two months now.
I know there must be many of you out there - I would appreciate
suggestions... and throwing them away is not an option.

I have another huge basket upstairs but did not want to
carry it downstairs, I am not into weight lifting at the moment.

I would appreciate ideas, I think my husband may turn me
in to the hoarding magazine police...

Did I mention I have three boxes of the original Victoria magazine
in our garage, I've been told they will not "move" with us
one more time (they've made two moves so far!).

I'm off to get prepped for Chandeleur Day, seems there are a lot of francophiles
out there in Blog Land preparing themselves for crepe making.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

What Do You Do?

xoxo, Tracie

8 comments:

Teacats said...

As a magazine junkie -- with a complete set of Victoria magazines neatly arranged in file boxes in the home office -- I have developed my own rip-and-keep files -- and the pages are simply sorted into basic folders and kept in a plastic "milk-crate" style box in the cupboard. Now some gals are tech-able and scan the images into their computers and then create discs to hold them -- and file the discs away. I have realized that our storage is so limited here at little rosemary Cottage -- that many mags have been sacrificed, given away, donated or even sold! Always remember that those Victoria mags would net you a tidy sum on EBay!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage -- a fiend for decor mags and books! But now ruthless in what she keeps! LOL!

Connie said...

It took me years to finally edit down my magazines. Now I rip out the pages that I like and throw the rest away (excuse me, recycle. I do keep all of my Christmas editions and put them out at Christmas. I did save all my copies of Colonial Homes. I have them going back to the early 80s. That is before they changed their name to Classic American Homes.

PAINT MINE PINK said...

What you do is you definately do not throw them out. Dont you love it when each time you look through the same magazine you find something you never noticed before....Its like a new one all over again.....

Stack them up under a chair, a coffee table...I have mine in a long planter box...it looks fantastic.

Shannon :)

The Old Painted Cottage said...

I always share my magazines with my girlfriends, and they do the same with me. Sort of a magazine swap. That way, you don't have the guilt of throwing them out, and you always get new ones you haven't yet seen.

oxox
Jennifer

Vintage Rose Collection said...

HI Tracie,
I love your old nostalic pictures too..The classic movie stars were the best huh? The Marilyn photo I found online and is one of my favs too..
Im working on my Valentines tribute of the greatest romances of all time... Stay tuned doll!
Love to you Jo
xo

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Take a weekend - block everything else out....Go throught the magazines and tear out and file your favorite pages. If the magazine has too many favs, then keep the whole magazine...No favs in an issue? Donate the issue to the local library or Doctors office waiting room....
Penny

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

You simply need to go and take a long, long, soak in the tub, relax and read them all!

The Red Velvet Shoe said...

Try to go through one a day, with a sticky note pad or notebook~~you can jot down things you want to learn more about, or you can tear out the pages for visual reference later. Then, at the end of the week, drop off the ones you went through to the local library or elementary school~~the schools use them for projects!

I love the photo of Gatsy & Daisy~~have you The Sartorialists run of photos from Governor's Island? Must see!! There is a link to him on my blog.

M