Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

February 18, 2008

Addicted to...

Guess what one of them is....?


Yes, you're correct ~ pillows, every shape and size! Don't quite know when it started, but you should see us take pillows off the couch & chairs ~ Most of them end up on the floor,
but that's cozy - agree?

Okay, now for the next thing and most important~

Nice people!


If you've been following along with me (and thank you if you have!),
I was sick on my birthday. Well we had quite a commotion in
My Petite Maison the other day ~ a parcel arrived...
and not just any parcel.
My husband, kept it clinched tightly in his hands
"Guess who it's from - guess"

Sweet Fifi and Sylvie made my day~
A lovely shoe pillow as a belated birthday present.
The internet lines were a blazing, I had to send a message
to my co-decorator in crime, Jeannette. I kidded
that anyone would think I'd received a letter
from Alan Rickman (remember my obsession?). She read
the message so fast, she thought I did receive a letter from
Mr. Rickman!
Now everyone would've known if I received a letter
from Alan Rickman ~ Colonel Brandon, right?


Here are some of my other pillows, notice the one with the "T" that's Sylvie's wonderful work again and the big fufu pink one with antique lace is just that, from Shabbyfufu, one of my favorite haunts and the little one at the bottom, I picked out with my daughter when she was five in a small coastal town where a dear lady rides a bike and waves as she goes by...


They all come from Nice People, nice places
and speaking of nice...



The wonderfully nice and talented Cielo gave me this
last Friday and so made my day and weekend. Cielo,
I love to visit your peaceful blog, it's truly a place to think about
what really matters... Being sincere to one another and passing the
feeling along while you're on your way in life!

I'm passing this along to Rachel, in a short amount of time, she's spread a lot of joy to me and to others. Rachel always has a kind word to say and this is a good time to pass this along to her, as she just recently re-hauled her already beautiful blog.

A Romantic Porch

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- Albert Einstein

xoxo, Tracie

19 comments:

Mandii said...

Tracie, a cushion fetish now I can relate there!! I just love the picture of the bike thast could certainly be framed and hug on the wall!! Hope you have a FAb week!!
mandii

A Romantic Porch said...

Tracie, You amaze me. Thank you for the wonderful blog love. It means so much to me in this world we live in. You are very sweet and caring! I truly feel blessed to have met you! Thank you again dear friend! xo Rachel.

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh, and I was so excited that you sent me a greeting that I forgot to say how wonderful it is that Fifi sent you a birthday present. I'm over the moon happy for you! I think that is about the time I met you. So Happy Belated birthday! :) Your pillows are beautiful. And so is the sofa picture. Our sofa pillows end up on the floor too. Makes for a soft landing!!!! Have a fun day! xo Rachel

Dona said...

Love the pillows,and Happy Belated Birthday. That blue bike pic is really cute. I agree you should frame that.

Dona

Fete et Fleur said...

Hello Sweet Girl! I hope you had a wonderful Day. It's freezing here today and I'm just trying to keep warm. Love the cozy pillows just beautiful!!

Hugs! Nancy

WHEN WAS YOUR BIRTHDAY??? AND HOW DID I MISS IT!!!

Pam Aries said...

My dearest Darling, Tracie.....I think you must surely win the award for most romantic! hee hee! Are you positive that shoe didn't come from Alan???? Maybe he had Fifi and Sylvie secretly mail it to you. Good thing you have all those pillows in case you fainted!!!

Tracie said...

Dearest Pam,
You're right! How did it not occur to me it was a secret plan!

But, of course!

Natasha Burns said...

Hi Tracie - oh so you are a fellow Bon Jovi fan?!! Great in my book too! Love your pillows, the T is exquisite! Lovely goodies from Fifi and Sylvie. Happy Belated Birthday!

Sharon said...

Oh yes~ I do understand your addiction to pillows! Love them all. The more the cozier! Thanks for visiting my blog~ Sharon@C'est Chouette

Pink Icing on the Cake said...

Oh Tracie, how I love pillows too!! I always have to look for them wherever I go...my new quest is to learn to sew so I can make them out of all the beautiful fabric I see. Your blog is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

NAME: CIELO said...

Happy Belated Birthday, sweet girl!... I wish for you the shiniest star, and a pair of wings.... to fly and dream!

Blessings to you

Cielo

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Love all of your pillows! How nice that Fifi and Sylvie sent you one for your birthday!

Congrats on the award. You deserve it!
Penny

A Romantic Porch said...

Tracie, (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))xoRachel

Gail McCormack said...

Love the blue bike photo...someone should do a painting on that one! Happy belated birthday Tracie!! Cushions are an equivelant to comfort food in my eyes...love them!

Siobhan said...

Hello Tracie,

I just found your beautiful blog and wanted to say hi! I love your contents as well as your blog design...isnt Cathy fantastic!

Anyway, I look forward to seeing lots more soon from you. I just love your cushions :)

Siobhan xo

The Rose Cottage said...

Hi Tracie, thank you for visiting my blog. You have a beautiful home and I love all your pillows :) Your dog is adorable too, I have a huge Golden who is almost as big as yours LOL, hairy too.

Lynn

Christine/bellacolle said...

oh me too..me too! I loove pillows!
gottem' tucked everywhere.
Congrats on your sweet award..and boy, that is a lovely little shoe pillow.
hope you are feelin' better.
Xo

my new blog
mybellacolle.typepad.com

Shabbyfufu said...

Sweet Tracie.....thank you for your visits to my blog. As you know I have been a bit preoccupied this week, so trying to catch up now with my bloggy friends. What a lovely set of gifts from Fifi and Sylvie, and thanks for posting the French ticking pillow from my little shoppe:-). Your posts are always such a breath of fresh air and delightful to read! ~XOXO~ Janet

oldflowers4me said...

oh- happy birthday to you- your world looks fantastic- singing and skipping love jo.