Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

February 13, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day Today & Everyday

~ Thursday, February 14th ~
This is What I'm Giving for My Valentine Card,
Just Like Elementary School Used to Be...

I think this Romantic Man Would Like to Visit Many Friends
this February, he's from France (of course)
and Would Like to do Some Traveling...

Take Him Along if You'd Like~Across the Earth!


According to one legend, Valentine actually sent the first 'valentine' greeting himself. While in prison, it is believed that Valentine fell in love with a young girl -- who may have been his jailor's daughter -- who visited him during his confinement. Before his death, it is alleged that he wrote her a letter, which he signed 'From your Valentine,' an expression that is still in use today. Although the truth behind the Valentine legends is murky, the stories certainly emphasize his appeal as a sympathetic, heroic, and, most importantly, romantic figure. It's no surprise that by the Middle Ages, Valentine was one of the most popular saints in England and France.
-History.com (I tend to romanticize things and on occasion, wear rose colored glasses, thus, this is the version I prefer...)



Zeke's Sending Out Valentine Day Cards too
he started early this afternoon!



Have a Wonderful Day Today and Every Day~
Keep the Thought in Your Heart!


Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present.
-Albert Camus



18 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Tracie!

xo Lidy

Mandii said...

hope you've had a fantastic day sweetie!!
hugs
mands

daisy cottage said...

Happy Valentine's Day Tracie and cute Zeke!!!! You both are sweethearts!!

xo,
Kim

A Romantic Porch said...

OH Tracie, Thank you for the beautiful Valentine's day greeting! How creative you are!! Happy Valentine's Day to you too!
Love,Rachel

Vintage and Romantica said...

Happy valentine´s Day dear Tracie!!!!
We celebrating in Sweden as well today. Me and my husband is going to see and listend to Opera and have a beautiful romantic dinner in Sweden Stockholm.
What are you going to do....

Many hugs from Caroline -<@

NAME: CIELO said...

Good morning my sweet beautiful friend! Happy Valentine's Day to YOU.... oh, to remember that love is a portion of the soul itself,
and it is of the same nature as the
celestial breathing of the atmosphere of paradise!.... Yes; let us enjoy this special day.

Blessings...

Cielo

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Tracie,
How interesting about Mr. Valentine, I never knew the story behind it, thanks for sharing :)

I love all of Meg Ryans moives too tracie, and of course, sleepless in seatle... We are just a couple of romantic fools arent we...LOL..Im a huge Rene Zillwinger fan as well...Love Bridget Jones...
Happy Valentines Day sweet friend!!!!
Jo
xoxox

Fete et Fleur said...

Thank you Traci! I wish you and your love a beautiful Valentine's Day! I told my faeries about your gentleman and they are all in a dither !!!

Hugs! Nancy

Counting Your Blessings said...

I like your version too =) I'm telling you, I dreamed all Magnolia Pearl last night. I'm so jealous that you have one of her bags! And it's exactly the colors I would get too. It's just divine. Lucky you!! Have a lovely day. Blessings... Polly

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Happy Valentines Day Tracie! What a cool story!! Zeke is a sweety.
Hugs,
Penny

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Tracie,
"HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY" to you as well. "THANK YOU" for the beautiful Valentine's Card. It is so romantic looking. I hope you picked up the Valentine's Wreath and Friendship Banner that I gave everyone today on my blog. If not, when you have time, stop back by to pick them up. Your little Zeke is just adorable. I'm so glad you stopped by. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

p.s. I hadn't added your blog to my favs either! How did that happen? Anyway, it is there now...all is well :-)
Hugs,
Penny

Gail McCormack said...

Happy betlated Valentines Day to you and Zeke!! Love Zeke's roses!

Shabbyfufu said...

Happy Valentine's Day you darlin' girl~XO~Janet

Dona said...

I like your telling of the Valentine story too. Don't care if it is right or not, just sounds right to me. Have a Happy Valentines yourself.

Dona

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day my love!

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Happy Valentines Day sweet girl!

oxox
Jennifer

bj said...

Oh, I so love that picture of the man and I did take it...thank you !
bj