Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

February 21, 2008

Poetry in Motion (Bring back a Memory?)

A favorite poem from childhood.
From The Tall Book of Make Believe

Three thoughtful people made me feel this way today~
just in time for the weekend.


Gee, I still want hair like this, so many years later!

I love how you can scan things now and share them - Voila! A poem and picture. A book from my childhood to share, so much fun - just making me see the mermaid's face brings back so many great memories. Because of this book, this poem, we only had
Chicken of the Sea tuna at my house ~ Only mermaid tuna (and I didn't even eat tuna back then!) boy, did I have a patient Grandma!

Do you have a favorite poem, a favorite poet ~
or a favorite children's book from your childhood?

I'd love to hear from you...

and thank you Dona, Mindii and Shannon
for making my day turn around on a dime.

From Dona!


Aren't they precious?

From Mindii and Shannon!
I already snuck over to Shann's and found out
(Alan told me to Shann...)

Oooh, how she sparkles ~ that Shabby Darlin'
I was Double-Sparkled!

Like usual, I turn around and it's just waiting there for me


Believing in Angels,
but seeing none

he borrows their wings instead
And walks out to meet his
Saving Grace
at the end of the road


Happy Weekend!
xoxo, Tracie
or Tracie Rickman (for you Shann!)

Here you go Coll~ Start Your Weekend off With a Smile!
He wants to reside on your blog for a while!

12 comments:

Suzy said...

Tracie,
thanks for all the support and caring, it really means a lot to me. I had a fear that the situation in my country may escalate, and somehow it did. If you watched the news many ugly things happened. I would hate for people to think that "we Serbs" are savages and killers... like we were described in the past.
Thanks again for caring!
Oh, I liked the little mermaid. It is amazing how a small thing can bring back so many memories.

Suzy

COLLS GARDEN said...

Alan Rickman, WooHoo. There is another woman in the world who adores him!
Hello, I'm Shann's Mum.
Coll :-}

Fete et Fleur said...

I LOVE, JUST LOVE THE SPARKLE AWARD. I wish she actually shimmered! Wouldn't that be GREAT!!
You're a doll!
Hugs! Nancy

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Congrats on the awards!
Hugs,
Penny

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh Tracie, You sweet thing. I'm so glad that you got those awards. You are SO deserving of them. Have a wonderful day. Love,Rachel

Country Wishes said...

Hi Tracie,
Loved reading your blog, your animal friends are precious!

Cherrie

Pink Icing on the Cake said...

Hi Tracie,

I do have a favorite childhood book and it is "The Little Ballerina". I found it on eBay and as soon as I opened it the memories came flooding. I am keeping it for the granddaughter I hope to have someday. In fact, I am collecting a few books and starting a Nana's Book Basket. My daughter is 24, married but as of yet no children...someday!! Love the sparkly award.

Hugs,

LeAnn :)

Kerryanne English said...

Hi Tracie,
Congrats on both of your Sparkle awards.

Thanks for visiting my blog today....I followed you right back to your place in blog land and glad that I did. Got myself a cuppa and now I am going to read some more of My Petite Maison.

Hugs,
Kerryanne

Dona said...

Your stories, poems, and pics always bring smiles. You do Sparkle.


Dona

Siobhan said...

Hi Tracie,

I love your little mermaid..too cute!

Congrats on the awards! You deserve them :)

Siobhan xo

Siobhan said...

Hey Tracie, How weird is that??? We must have been conected or something lol.

I wanted to ask, do you have a website???

Still very tired but im getting there...lots tto be done before I re-open the webiste!

Siobhan xoxo

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Tracie
Always enjoy my visits, congratulations on the award!