Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

April 15, 2008

Oh What a Whimsical Weekend

HAPPY TUESDAY...

This is how it started ~
Up Saturday Morning to My Sentimental Favorite
Princess Diana Rose (the very first of the season!)
Do you have a special family friend?
I do...
He gives me a gift certificate to a nursery for my birthday...
Every Year, Since I was 13~
Each year, I try to pick out something special
I've had this Princess Diana rose for years thanks to Arnold...
It means so much to me ~
so the weekend started
with a true gift...
from a True Friend ~ Always, and a Day!


~Come Saturday Morning~

Next...

at Cathleen's House and Barn...
Driving Up, The Beautiful View~
Yes, This is the view from my car!



Look at that beautiful horse (okay, you know
I'm an animal person!)

Now, I think I want this chair (and Garden letters),
Purchased a few candles... for Sunday evening...
smell so yummy~

I really wanted a cane chair (not shown - for your own good),
that had been -SOLD- poor me!


Favorite Shot Below...
Cathleen works magic~

I love bicycles~
You may have guessed that by now...


~The other in Nice while eating gelato, of course!


See the corbel below? That's my purchase~
Haven't found the right place in my cottage, yet...


Is this cute, or what?

Okay, so this is where I spent the whole weekend
~with Mongo - hiding, comfy, isn't it?

All Photos taken by My Petite Maison
Permission Mixing Whimsy

Oh yes, we had a great lunch after~
Salmon tartare truffled this time, crab cocktail,
French fries with goat cheese dressing ~ yummy~
And a glass of champagne...
What a Whimsical lunch!


And it was too, too hot in my kitchen this weekend
for oven cooking - Summer Cooking Weather...

It's going to be a Comfort Meal Tuesday... for sure... Yum...
Now, let's get on with that Chicken and Biscuits Recipe~

... To be Continued...

xoxo, Tracie

20 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Tracie what a great weekend. So many lovely things to look at and buy. I looked and looked but I can't see Mongo in those pics.
Alison

Tracie said...

Alison,
That's because we're hiding, silly!
I'm hiding all these wonderful things in the back of my car too - shhh!
xo~Tracie & Mongo

COLLS GARDEN said...

So, you & Mongo were hiding, right? So who took the pic? Looks like you had a wonderful time, gorgeous buys. What a wonderful shop they have, I'm coming over.
Hugs, Coll :-}

Tracie said...

Hi Coll,
His name is Alan, goofy.
xo~Tracie

Jacki said...

What a beautiful rose!

COLLS GARDEN said...

I knew that! (hee hee).
:-}

Pink Icing on the Cake said...

Boy you sure had me worried. I haven't heard from you. I knew the barn would be fantastic and it was. Did you get anything else. I sure am nosy aren't I????? I am getting ready for my annual home decor yard sale this Thursday and Friday, will post pics later in the week. Have a great Tuesday Tracie.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Kari & Kijsa said...

What a great weekend!! Such great goodies! have a wonderful day!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Mixing Whimsy said...

Hi Tracie,

I am still bubbling from the Champagne...
As ALWAYS a Fabulous Post. Thank you so much. I can't wait to see what you do with all your new treasures.
Hugs...
Cathleen

Cherub Kisses Boutique said...

Hi Tracie.
Oh my goodness!! I love your blog ;o)
I'm glad you found mine too ~ thank you for your comments & by all means jump right in to DWTS ...
****smiles****
Dionne

Counting Your Blessings said...

Love the corbel!! Special friend.. dad always gets me a plant/flower for Secretary's Day. No, I'm not his secretary but he still has one delivered. Love that special friend. =) Blessings.. Polly

Dona said...

What a cute idea with the chair. I will keep that one in mind. Glad you had a wonderful mtime. Love the pics, and what a wonderful way to spend the day.


Dona

A Romantic Porch said...

Tracie, What a fun post! I new your weekend would be so neat. I went along too...

I love the rose and those gifts that give over and over! You are blessed! Love,RAchel

Jen r. said...

What a great time! Thanks for stopping by for a visit...! Welcome to the Fun Hair club! ;)
Jen

Enchanted Treasures said...

Wish I were there! California girls are so lucky with beautiful roses so early in the season and barn sales. You're making me homesick with these great pictures Tracie!
xo Roberta

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

What a wonderful weekend! I love everything in all of the pictures!
Hugs,
Penny

Rue said...

Good morning Tracie :)

Beautiful shop! I could go broke in a place like that! I'm officially starving after I read what you had for lunch. That sounded delicious!!

The rose is so beautiful :)

Have a wonderful day sweetie!
hugs,
rue

Donna Lynn said...

Beautiful blog! The rose picture was just lovely this AM, especially because it is rainy and gloomy today! I can't wait for my roses to bloom, they are all twigs and sticks right now...
Wish I could of gone to Mixing Whimsy with you looks awesome!
Donna Lynn

Couture de Papier said...

Love the bike and room!

Siobhan said...

hey Tracie, Looks like a wonderful weekend and your purchase is stunning! Well done.