Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

April 29, 2008

Want to Come Along Antiquing?

At the crack of dawn... This is how it started~
My hubbie packs the best cooler
and makes the best cappuccino to open my eyes this early!

The walk up to the Antique Faire...
beautiful houses along the way~

...And the anticipation begins here~


I was ready for the brisk walk across the street...
hurry, hurry - catch up or... wait for me!
Do I see tons of vendors and daisies?


Michelle's beautiful store
~Isn't the bicycle wonderful?
Beckons everyone to enter the charming store...
We missed you Jeannette!

And here's another view... (yep, that's me in the window)


Just dreamy...

Lunch time!
and I'm so glad, because it's hot out there...
The best garlic fries around~
...Yes, I'll be walking extra, but maybe...
it doesn't count since I've been walking the market
since 7:30 a.m.?


Some of my wonderful finds below...
and yes, another bistro chair for the collection~
There were tons of vendors at the faire, but
I found most of my finds at Michelle's store


Another darling find from
Summer Cottage Antiques



Corbels out of an old house in
Pacific Grove, California


I was thrilled to find this glove form~
It's marked extra small and fits my hand perfectly!
There's a cute little frenchman that sold me the form
and he's got another show coming up next month (yay!)

Found the frogs from a cute lady who had great deals,
wish I could have purchased everything under
her gauzy billowing tent...

The great shelf~drawer is from the store...
can't wait to find the right place to hang it up~

Just look at this~


Isn't this the cutest little flower market cart?
I've got my Princess Diana roses floating in it now.
Next weekend, I'll be filling it with mini herb pots~



That's it for now, I did find a darling french clock -
and it works, but I'm saving that for later

Glenda from Many Fond Memories
was in Petaluma too. She took
really great photos while out and about the town.

Hope you have a wonderful week!

xoxo, Tracie


16 comments:

Pink Icing on the Cake said...

I knew your post would be fabulous and Tracie my sweets you did not let me down. What a fabulous antique market. I love that little flower cart, I would not have been able to resist that. I love all your finds. Isn't it so much fun when we find so many lovelies?? Looks like your weather cooperated and that lunch was delicious. Thanks for sharing Tracie. Have a great day.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Dang...I should have drove up there! I had planned on painting furniture but it was too hot! Looks like a lot of great things!

Glenda said...

Tracie
You found some really great stuff. I found a little basket myself and will post it later. Wow you were there early. Were in the world did you park?
I found space in the parking garage behind the buildings.
We ate at a wonderful Armenian and Mediterranean restaurant.
Thanks for the link, I will link you as well.
Glenda

Fete et Fleur said...

Oh you lucky! Everything looks wonderful!! I'm drooling over the little cart. I took a walk today and thought of you.

Hugs! Nancy

Donna Lynn said...

Dearest sweet Tracie! I have missed your posts, love this one...you both look like you had so much fun and of course your super duper great finds! I love the old house posts, man I want to put my birdhouses on those!!!
Thanks for stopping by and visiting me too, till next time, huge hugs to you! Donna Lynn
P.S. I used to go to school in Graton...

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

I so wish I could have had a day out with you too!! LOVE your finds, especially that little candelabra. Lucky you :0))
ALicia ~ time worn style

Siobhan said...

Tracie...oh my...what did I miss out on? LOT and LOTS!!!

Shayne is so wonderful coming along with you...Cane just wont go antique shopping with me lol.

Michelle's shop is wonderful...I need to visit one day thats for sure.

Really loving all your treasures too but that market cart...if you ever get tired of it you know who wants it! lol. I have two huge ones in the backyard and I love them to bits!!!

Siobhan xo

Linda said...

What a great day you had and I love all your finds. That is the sweetest little bistro chair and I love your frogs...Linda

Joy at Cupids Charm said...

Hi Tracie! What a lovely day you had and what treasures you have to show for it!! Beautiful photos too! Thanks for taking us on your adventure. xoxo ~ Joy

A Romantic Porch said...

Tracie, It looks so fun! A fabulous great great day! I love the bicycle in front of Michelle's store. It just pulls you right in. Thank you for sharing your wonderful finds. I had so much fun "faux shopping" along with you.Love,Rachel

Alison Gibbs said...

Wow what fun. How wonderful Michelle's store looks. What a great bike.
As for lunch - mm... yummy.
Alison

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

Tracie..
Thanks for sharing your day. I feel like I was there too. I bet your house is fantastic,filled with all kinds of treasures.
Make sure and stop by the dessert carnival. Sweets without the guilt :)

Rue said...

Hi Tracie :)

I missed you while you were gone, but it looks like it was really worth it! What cuteness you found and Michelle's store id darling :)

Your hubby was so sweet to start your day like that. It's makes those early morning hours worth it, doesn't it? ;)

Oh and thank you for understanding that I turned down that offer. I never expected it and I was honored, but it's just not for me.

Off to read your other post....
hugs,
rue

Janet said...

That looks like so much fun. Big enough to get great finds and not too big to manage. I made garlic fries tonight and they were yummy.

Janet

Vintage Home Lifestyle said...

Hi Tracie,
Just wanted to let you know that I am still out there. I missed the Petaluma Antique show. But I have a very close connection to Summer Cottage. I had a space there when it was The Roost, right before they changed the name. The upstairs space with the wall of old doors and faded yellow fence boards was put thier by me. It is kind of my Summer Cottage signature. I love Michelle and so many of the dealers there.

Hugs...
Cathleen

Lynne Laura said...

Tracie, where do I begin? The picture of the bicycle in front of Michelle's is like you sent us all a post card from France! I may have to print out the picture and make it into a post card, if you don't mind, and hang it on my poster board. That little flower cart is darling, especially with the lovely Princess Diana roses, wow, lucky girl. OK, I must be sheltered because I haven't seen those types of frogs before and I do love them. I have only seen the prickly ones...now I am on the hunt for one...thank you so for sharing your lovely trip to the fair.

Kindredly, Lynne Laura