Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

July 28, 2008

On the Sunny Side of the Street

That's how I'm feeling this Summer ~
Yes, I'm Walking on the Sunny Side of the Street


We're running here and there this Summer...
I'm trying to take the time to stop and look around me~

Remembering to appreciate the 4 o'clock glow that I've loved for as long
as I can remember~ even Summer's spent as a kid, that hour's
held a special place in my heart and the beauty in my eye.

I've been playing catch up the last few weeks and my
visiting & answering emails has really suffered.
I've been taking care of projects (trying to finish them...
and spending quality time with my family during the summer
Time is so precious and I'm trying to make the most of it)

~two-legged and four-legged...

While I've been out and about,
I've received some wonderful awards
from thoughtful ladies~
I received this award from Sarah, Marie and Connie
I can't believe you want to give me an award ~
I love your blogs!

I've just recently been introduced to Connie.
I'm so glad she came knocking on my door -
branching out
to meet new bloggers and say hello
(something I really need to do myself, okay~
it's on my list too!)



And I received this darling award below from Dana at the Stone Rabbit
Dana's my ABBA kindred-spirit, I think we're both
singing ABBA songs
while doing housework and bee-bopping around

(I know my husband's still got Dancing Queen in his head - not kidding!)


~ THANK YOU ~

I apologize for taking so long to get to your awards
they make me feel like I am on the Sunny Side of the Street!

I want to pass them along to everyone that's on my sidebar
Each and everyone of you ~ I love coming to
visit with YOU
and have my "Calgon Take me Away" moments!!


And, if you haven't heard...
Pearl's having a special party and giveaway this Friday, August 1st
I'm going~ hope you can make it, now don't be late!

Just click to visit Pearl's Sentimental Journey

Now...

Grab your coat and get your hat
Leave your worries on the doorstep

Life can be so sweet

On the sunny side of the street

Can't you hear the pitter-pat

And that happy tune is your step
Life can be complete

On the sunny side of the street

I used to walk in the shade with my blues on parade

But I'm not afraid...this rovers crossed over

If I never had a cent
I'd be rich as Rockefeller
Gold dust at my feet

On the sunny side of the street

I used to walk in the shade with them blues on parade
Now I'm not afraid... this rover has crossed over

Now if I never made one cent

I'll still be rich as Rockefeller
There will be gold dust at my feet

On the sunny~
On the sunny, sunny side of the street!
-Dorothy Fields


See 'ya Friday!

23 comments:

For the Love of Cottage said...

I love your bright "sunny" outlook on life. It is always so refreshing to visit you and sweetie you deserve each and every one of those awards. I hope you have a wonderful day. I'm glad you liked my bedroom makeover.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Connie said...

Well, thank you, my petite chickadee! It was so fun to finally meet you and see your lovely blog. Mine is ever expanding with my adventures or "misadventures" and my big mouth!! I guess bloggers seem to like it since they've been coming back to try and figure me out!! Hah.
Smoochies,
Connie

Suzy said...

Such a lovely sunny post. Congratulation for the awards, you sure bring lot of smiles and fun.

One trivia for you! I am a huge ABBA fan too.I grew up with these songs! It means so much to me that we have another thing in common. It is great to have this after-party feeling days after.

Enjoy your week sweetie. Suzy

Dana said...

Wow, fellow-ABBA lover, you sure can fill one post with a LOT of information---I love it! Hmmmmm, I guess our brains were, once again, thinking along the same line. Appreciation and thankfulness! We don't give them enough of our time. Anyway, congrats on YOUR awards (whoops, one was from ME)-- you are a joy to get to know via this computer stuff and I am thankful to have found you! By the way--very cute reference to THE STONE RABBIT as the "plant whisperer"--he loved it.

A Romantic Porch said...

Congrats on the awards! You deserve them so sweet Tracie. I love your photos on this blog posting. xorachel

BellaColle' said...

I ALWAYS enjoy visiting your blog! Congrats on your award!
So glad your Summer is going well...
I just love Summer myself!
Hey, how did that estate sale go?
Happy Tuesday!
XO
~Christine

Rosemary said...

Hi Tracie,
Thanks for visiting me.
That is such a pretty photo.
Congrats on the award.
I hear you, I have been pretty busy too.
Friday sounds like it will be fun.
Enjoy,
Rosemary

CIELO said...

Tracie, I love love that window... it's so very lovely; and romantic! :) Congrats on your awards, they're all so well deserved...

Enjoy the day

cielo

Brenda Kula said...

You know what I thought of when I read four o'clock? I recall that when my daughters were little, that was the "worst" time of the day as a mother! They were hungry, tired, irritable, and so was mom!
xoxo, Brenda

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

Guess what...your little gift is finally on it's way!!!
Can you believe it LOL
I am a bad mailer...I usually pay all my bills by phone.
Any way, I hope all is well and I do hope you like your gift. I picked it just for you but am a little unsure as wether or not it is your taste.
See you on the sunny side!

Fifi Flowers said...

Congrats on your awards... glad you like the one from me too!
Enjoy!

Jan~Feather Your Nest Antiques said...

The sunny side of the street...that's always the best place to be. I enjoy your blog and your sunny outlook so much.

Pearl said...

Hi Sweetness... I am way behind in my visits, too... I just loved this bright and warm-fuzzie post of yours! Loved the "Gold dust at my feet" part, too! You got my toes-a-tappin' here... Congratulations on those sweet awards, Tracie... ~cheering 'n tossing PINK confetti~ You are so deserving of each of them! I've been blessed recently with some awards and I soooo need to do a post of thanks about them and then pass them forward... I seem to not be able to find time, though... for sure after the UnBirthday Party, that will be the next post I take care of... Ohhhhhh, God bless your heart for posting about the Party! I appreciate that so much... I just hope 'n pray that I will be ready in time... I feel like the Rabbit running around looking at my pocket watch, hollerin' about being LATE! YIKES!!

Hmmmm... with that being said, I better get to scootin' over to the Sunny Side for some smiles and then off to tackle the To-Do list some more... God bless...

~big hugs~

Pearl

Michelle said...

What a great message to start the day or end the day.. life is much sweeter when you think this way.

Have a wonderful Thursday,
Michelle

Sandra Evertson said...

Love the wind chime!
Sandra

Suzy said...

I am so glad you enjoying in such great sunny days with your family and that you fill them with some extra happiness, joy, love and great summer memories.

Love Suzy

Shabbyfufu said...

Whoa Tracie...you are really out there blogging away dear! Congrats on your award:-)

Rue said...

Hi Sweet Tracie :)

I love that time of day too. It's such a pretty light that streams in :)

Congratulations on your awards!

Oh and I can't believe that you have the same cake box!! How sad that I don't keep anything in there! I used to, but I haven't since we moved two years ago. Now I'm trying to think of what to put in there ;)

Hugs and love,
rue

Donna Lynn said...

Tracie,
Love coming to see you! I feel the same way, taking the time to smell the roses here too...

XO,
DL

NeereAnDear said...

Looks like you have been out and about busy..

Congrats on your awards... I do say they are well deserved..

HUGS

JO

countrygirl3031 said...

Tracie...thanks for stopping by my blog..I absolutely love your Zeke...he's adorable!

Hugz,
Michele

Gypsy Mermaid said...

I love the wind chime!! its soo cute! See my song from my profile inspired you :) dont ya love those old songs! that party looks fun! might have to come visit! hugs

toodles-
sarah

Linda said...

Hi Tracie...congrats on both sweet awards...you are most deserving. I always enjoy my visits and leave with a smile in my heart.I can't believe this year is half over and summer is just flying by. Enjoy each beautiful day...hugs, Linda