Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

August 26, 2008

Singing, Singing, Singing~

And Zeke's heard it all before~
...She's at it again...

Suzy at Wild Rose Cottage tagged me for songs I'd be
~*~ Embarrassed ~*~
To admit I like ~ I'm not embarrassed one bit though~

Okay, since you asked Suzy, here you go
and I hope I don't bore you all as much as I bore poor Zeke

Barry Manilow - Looks Like We Made It
(I love to sing this one on walks to my husband,
sometimes just to bother him - especially when it's cold,
I love to jump around to keep warm and sing Barry Manilow songs~
I believe I have Joanne Pizzo to thank for this one - she loved
him so I listened with her to all his albums
(yes albums back in the olden days)

Olivia Newton-John - Xanadu
Yes, I love the movie too
Any time it comes on Tivo grabs it for some reason
Now you are here in Xanadu - singing & roller skates

Kenny Rogers - You Decorated My Life
I still melt when I hear this song, which is hardly ever -
but I still love that gravel voice of Kenny's

The Thompson Twins - Hold Me Now
I hear it once in a while when I'm at Marshall's
it so makes my day, reminds me of making lasagna
with my Grandma. She actually knew the words
and we'd sing it together while making Sunday dinner~
The radio sitting on top of the refrigerator ;)

The Theme from Green Acres!

Green Acres is the place to be,
farm living is the life for me,
land spreading out so far and wide,
keep Manhattan just give me that countryside...
New York is where I'd rather stay,
I get allergic smelling hay,
I just adore a penthouse view,
darlin I love you but give me Park Avenue

da da da da da ~ The chores!
da da da da da ~ The stores!
da da da da da ~ Fresh Air!
da da da da da - Times Square!

You are my wife,
Good bye city life~
Green Acres we are there!

If you'd like to join, feel free to run with a song...
I'd love to hear your favorites, embarrassing or not ;)

Hope you have as fun a day as I did
Walking down Memory Lane with this one~

Talk to you soon
da, da, da, da, da,
da, da!

xoxo~

18 comments:

Pearl said...

~chuckles... I mean, singing~

You always make me smile! Those are great choices... and, yes, I remember albumns, too.... Oh My!

God bless...

~hugs~

Pearl

For the Love of Cottage said...

Good Morning Tracie,
You crack me up.............I love Xanadu too. I remember Olivia Newton John singing that wearing a leotard and a headband around her forehead...LOL....now Green Acres is a good one but Petticoat Junction, now that's a classic.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Michelle said...

Green Acres, oh ya! Poor Zeke, doesn't he like your song choices?

Michelle

AT THE PICKLED HUTCH said...

I think I have the Thompson Twins on vinyl no less! And someone gave BM's cd of 60's songs which I adore. Shhh. I keep that on the downlow along with my Neil Diamond records. Did you keep all your vinyl's?
Yes Zeke, Alfie has to endure my singing as well.
Lisa & Alfie

dana said...

OK, I will have Green Acres in my head all day now!

I mentioned you on my post today! :-) dana

Suzy said...

Hi sweetie,

I love your choice I love the voice of Kenny Rogers and I love Olivia Newton-John. So you see you are much better, no anthems!

I am so happy you played along and you, you decorated my life.... hooo ...


Love Suzy

Judy said...

Thanks for the smiles Tracie. And for your sweet comments. You are right I don't know what I would do without my little "kitchen helpers". They are so much a part of me.

KaReN EiLeeN said...

What a crack up!! I have green acres in my tormenting CD disk in my brain too! Another weird one is the Caroll Burnett theme song..."I'm so glad we had this time together. Just to have a laugh and sing a song. Seems we just get started and before you know it...comes the time we have to say so long. Okay, now, you've got all of my weirdness coming out...Another one: Secret Love by Doris Day and one of the songs from Cinderella, the original made for TV movie: "I have found him." Those must have been magical times to forever imprint on our minds....
Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only crazy one.
Hugs,
KAREN EILEEN

Rue said...

Hi Tracie :)

I love all those songs too. Hey! Did you know albums are back?! Alex buys them LOL

I can't wait to see what you took pictures of on your walk! I miss figs. They don't have them here :( So sad....

Enjoy the twilight ;)

hugs for you and Zeke!
rue

Marie Antionette said...

Tracie,i love Xanadu! I have the 45 and its on one of my CD's.The movie was fantastic.
hugs Marie Antionette

dana said...

Your GH comment/s were great! When you have time, check out my comment on my post! Oh, her robe looded terry-plush. It may not have been institutional--Luke may have picked it out someplace nice. ;-)

Glenda~Many Fond Memories said...

Go ahead sing all these songs, you are not alone in liking the. And you just had to put the words for Green Acres didn't you so I have to sing it in my head.

It's fun.

Ciao

BellaColle' said...

oh yeah..that {green acres} is what I've been singing ever since we moved up here to WI...lol
fun songs!
have a fab weekend!
Xo
~Christine

countrygirl3031 said...

I looooovvveee Green Acres.. Awwww, poor Zeke, he doesn't like when you sing? He is such a cutie pie!

Hugz
Michele

Pearl said...

Hi Tracie... Please come by for a visit when you can... Thanks!

XOXO ... Pearl

Alice W. said...

Hehe...great list Tracie! Now I'll have green acres in my head all night...lol!

THE SANDY DOG BAKERY said...

Oh, memories! Great song choices!!

Rosezilla said...

Oh, I did this recently, it was a hoot. I love Kenny Rogers too! But he wasn't on my list, because I'm not embarrassed to like him.