Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

October 8, 2008

What's Happening Here These Days...

First of all ~ Thank You AND Merci ~ for all
~of your well wishes the last couple of weeks~

Second, it's beginning to actually look like Fall
...Well, Fall in California that is~

The walk really needs to be swept, but there's
a weather warning for winds tomorrow, so I'm putting it off ;)

I found this magazine at our local grocery store
(not the gourmet one)
I usually go to the gourmet one (pretty, pretty!)
and send my hubby to the regular grocery store

Anyway, this is a brand new magazine to me
and there's an article on Leslie Caron's
17th Century Inn located in Burgundy
(can hardly wait to read it!)


Here's a close up with a little Halloween cat
my husband brought home for me last Friday...
I love Halloween decorating and the older
looking decorations, I'm bringing out my collection
this weekend... Looking forward to taking out
items I've forgotten are hidden in the attic
...The attic that's scary in itself!


I'm still enjoying reading the Magnolia Pearl book,
she has such a wonderful philosophy,
decorate the way you want to...
What pleases YOU!


After reading the book and viewing the beautiful photos,
I wanted to show some close-ups of my purse

It is plush and I would so love a couch this cozy
I had a purse on my wish list for four years...

I really think of it as a piece of art.
The way she puts things together is just beautiful!

And when I talked to her on the phone, she was
the sweetest thing that could be...
She just seems like the neighbor down the street
(we even talked about Zeke!)


This is the detail of one of the inside pockets ;)

Speaking of Zeke ~
He's making a fashion statement of his own...
~And taking a brief time off of his own after
being nurse for nearly two weeks...
He is indeed a working dog ;)
Now just have to get him to the beach soon!

Ooh, all this talk of Magnolia Pearl and Zeke...
I haven't visited Polly's blog yet today
to see the post about Marburger...
Gotta go soon!!

Ooh, Tivo alert - Le Ballon Rouge (The Red Balloon)
~ TCM ~
Thursday 1:15 p.m PST

This is the very first French Movie
I saw as a child. It's a true work of art in film~

If you get a chance, you should check it out
...you won't be sorry you did, it's a classic
~ C'est un classique! ~

Photo: IFC First Take


Zeke and I are off to work triple time
Making up for time lost during the past couple weeks
and will have a couple surprises in store for you
very soon... Better get back to work

So, have you seen Le Ballon Rouge?

Au Revoir for the Moment!

22 comments:

Alice W. said...

Must get myself that mag...I think I peeked through it at Borders...sometimes I try to save money and enjoy them there...hehe! Beautiful purse and I definitely need to get myself that book! I enjoy that philosophy too...just need to ingrain it in my brain so as not to be swayed by all I see...

Zeke looks too cute in that hat...I wish Renoir would let me dress him up a bit...but he gets realllly depressed when I do...won't do anything just pouts...

Oh and thanks for sharing about La Boulon Rouge...I have not seen it but will be sure to watch it!!!

Alice W. said...

Oh and boy did I do a hack job on the The Red Balloon in French. Madame Harvey (my French teacher for three years) would be super disappointed in me right now...lol!

Jen r. said...

Zeke looks very cute. Glad you are back!

Simply Dandy said...

I have really missed you. Seeing your comments on my blog always makes my day.....just know you have been really missed!! I'm glad your daughter is through her oral surgery and Zeke must have been such a good nurse, however I am loving his new look!! Don't forget me!!

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

AT THE PICKLED HUTCH said...

I have not seen that one so thanks for the heads up. And on that mag, will have to check it out. I keep waiting for more fall like weather here. I AM READY FOR YOU FALL!
What a fashion statement that Zeke is!
Lisa & Alfie

Suzy said...

No I never saw that movie, I will have to find it and watch it. I am glad your daughter is feeling better and back to school. Zeke is the most adorable nurse ever.I love his eyes - they speak 100 languages!

Here it is also starting to look like a real fall but I am still in summer mood since we are going on a vacation. After our vacation then I can enjoy the season.

Glad you are back. Enjoy your day, Suzy

Connie said...

That purse is gorgeous, honey chile!! I need to make a new one. My favorite is falling apart!
Smooches,
Connie

Kim's Treasures said...

Welcome back! Zeke is adorable in that hat!

Sherry said...

Ah mais oui, La Balloon Rouge...I've seen that movie many, many times...in French classes and once when I saw it in the library, years ago, I rented it to watch -- we made a party of it as it was something none of us had seen since our childhoods...the last time I saw it in class was in grade 9 and I was passing love notes with "the one that got away"!!

Your purse is beautiful by the way! And I read Claire Murray's magazine as often as I can...it's delightful for losing yourself in possibility.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hi Tracey, I love my Magnolia Pearl book and I actually splurged and bought one of her vests, which I wore today and really really love it too!! Thanks so much for your sweet words, T

Counting Your Blessings said...

Ooooo you know how I drool over your purse! Well, any Magnolia Pearl purse but yours is especially lovely =) About the magazine, I don't have that one but I'll cheat with Alice. There's so many yummy magazines out these days and I can't afford them all. I just got the Mary Engelbreit's Guide To Creative Living but it's mainly resources. Informational is great but Inspirational is way better! Maybe it's just a symptom of my busy life but I'll take pictures over words any day. Speaking of pictures... gotta go get the Friday Flea Market stuff done for mom. Talk soon. Blessings... Polly

Judy said...

I'm glad you found that magazine. I discovered it over a year ago and I love it. I guess I better run out and get the new issue. I have not seen it yet Aren't the pictures awesome?

Sophee-a Laroo Bijoux and Sheri too said...

I was starting to get worried....I know your daughter was recovering but how is everything else....
Are you plugging away on your project?

I am plugging away....I am into one thing and then jump all over the place. Can't seem to figure out what I want to do right now.

Having fun and enjoying my life is a BIG priority. Too much time indoors and staring at a computer is not really living life to the fullest.

The holidays are going to bring big changes on my website....I am not listing from there in the near future....going to try a different approach.

I finally made a little "Pink" dream of mine a reality and I am blogging about it Friday.

Hope all is well with you and hope to have a update on your project soon:)

I watched the red balloon also...funny that I forgot until you brought it up.

Linda's Blue Gate said...

ohmygosh.... you have one of Peals purses..... they are just such a work of art.....
Thanks for the fun picture of Zeke I was so in hopes I would see him..... I never imagined he would be all dress up and looking like a dandy.... the handsome fellow...
HUgs
Linda

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh Zeke...what a beau! I love the decorating concept to decorate like you want!

It's great to see you back! Can't wait to see what surprise you have up your sleeve! xo rachel

rochambeau said...

Hi Tracie,
So glad your daughter is feeling better. And also that you have now such a beautiful handbag that is a work of art!! Love the embroidered birdie.

Thank you for being here for me as we made our move. We are feeling happy now.

xox
Constance

Pearl said...

Hmmm... why is it that this Pearl does not have a Pearl purse?? Love yours!! So glad to have you back in blogville ~YAY~

Zeke is looking mighty fine... sure do wish he could come stay with me for awhile... As usual, I am way behind, but hope to catch up over the weekend... God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Rosezilla said...

Zeke looks mahvelous, dahling!

Lynne Laura said...

Hi Tracie,

I received my Magnolia Pearl book and love it. I am so glad you are back, I've missed you.

Kindredly, Lynne Laura

Marie Antionette said...

Traci,Love the purse.That mag. is a must read.Zeke is a beautiful dog.I love his hat.How precious is that picture.Thank you for stoping by.My daughter Alexia,really does do well with scary makeup.Touche',our Arabian mare,what a wonderful horse she was.She was old when we bought her.You should have seen Alexia and her chasing each other around the house and trees.She acted more like a dog.I'm pretty sure she was mistreated by her last owners,When we got her,she was bony and her shoes were just hanging on with a couple of nails.When we got her home ,we pulled the shoes off and fed her and she was just so happy.We never put shoes on her again or a saddle.We rode her with a saddle pad.My daughter and I are only 4ft 11in.and at that time didn't weigh much,So it was easy on her back.Hugs Marie Antionette

Shabby Vintage dreams said...

AWWWW Zeke looks a treat!! What a big ball of love his is!! Plse give him a cuddle from me!!
Hugs
mandii

Fifi Flowers said...

Love the dog's hat!