Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

November 12, 2008

Post for a Friend

This post is for my far away friend, Suzy
Suzy's been so kind in waiting for me

to finish up all my projects...
which are a work in progress, so of course, they're not finished
(but that's the fun part, right?)

She listens, she sends me links to wonderful french sites...

And...


She loves Meg Ryan



Suzy gave me this award when she returned from her vacation
to Egypt

Because I've been working on my project...

I have not acknowledged the sweet award

Click on it below to visit Suzy!
So to celebrate friendship and this award I have to answer few questions.

Do you have the same friends since childhood?
No. My best friend in the whole world is Jeannette. We've been friends since we met working the same place over 25 years ago when we were both 16. She could easily write a Lifetime Movie screenplay about me and I could write one about her... That cancels both out ;)

What do you value most about your friends?
I am with Suzy on this one. Quality not quantity about friends. I love that we talk together about whatever is happening that day, there for one another through thick and thin.

Are your friends your sounding boards?
Wow, see above - I already answered that one!

What is your favorite activity to share with your friends?
Talking... period.



Okay Suzy, I am sorry it took me so long. But you all know I've been
working my little fingers away (and my eyes, left shoulder and arm!)

Merci, Suzy!


I am passing this on to everyone on my sidebar. Everyone is so kind
to me and I can't pick just a few people when I truly have so many
kind-hearts that I cherish out there (and Zeke won't let me... he's the boss)


Au Revoir for Now...

21 comments:

TattingChic said...

What a sweet tribute to your far away friend. Your award is very cute. How sweet! Enjoy a cup of friendship!

A Romantic Porch said...

Tracie, You are such a dear. You truly deserve the award. Take care of yourself with all that hard work sweetie. xorachel

Brenda@View From The Pines said...

I think we women remain sane through the lives we lead with men by channeling our frustrations to sweet women friends through phone calls and emails. I don't know how else to account for it.
Brenda

Siobhan said...

Hello dear!

You know you deserve this award Tracie, its just perfume for you! :)

I can not wait to see what you are working on!!!

Siobhan

p.s. did you get my email? xo

Counting Your Blessings said...

I love Meg Ryan! Of course. Who doesn't?!

Egypt?? Holy Mosey. Now that would be a trip. Maybe better than Bandera pastures ;)

Hugs... Polly

rochambeau said...

Nice award for a nice person!
You and Suzy are lucky to have one another Tracie! Friendship is a true blessing. Without friends, life would be nothing!!
xox
Constance

Ballerina Girl said...

Beautiful award...
friends are the help that we all need every day, the laughter that we share and the fun spirits that we encounter new adventures...
BG

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Tracie. What a great tribute to your friend. She sounds like a true blue friend, as you do.
Congratulations on your award.

Have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

Alice W. said...

So lovely Tracie...you are a dear friend!

Suzy said...

I have not mistaken when I said that you are the sweetest and kindest person and my kindred spirit.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing this Mag article just for me, you brought tears to my eyes! You are a true wonderful friend and each day I am sadder that we are not able to met in person otherwise I would hug you (here we hug a lot).
I love the photos of Meg and hair style but most of all I just LOVE the passion fruit juice and that you named the photos for me.

I am so blessed that I have you Tracie!!!

Thanks again. Have a great day, you made mine.

Love Suzy

Country French Antiques said...

A true friend is a gift from above.
Lucky for you and Suzy!
I have one that has been my friend for 45 yrs. She is always there for me!
Cute award!

NeereAnDear said...

What a beautiful way for both of you to honor each other...

Having friends forever is one of the beautiful things in life that we should always be thankful for

HUGS

JO

Dianne said...

Because we move so often, I've missed forming close friendships or girlfriends. I left a lot of them behind in Nashville and have been so busy I haven't had a chance to catch up with old friends in AZ yet. A girl just has to have girlfriends!

Shabby Vintage dreams said...

What a lovely award to get from a friend! Sounds like you and Suzy have a special bond, and they can be hard to find!!
Have a wondeful weekend Sweetie!!
mands

Fanciful Alice said...

Wow - your blog is absolutely delightful! Thank you for dropping by mine :-) I am adoring all the pictures etc - you are a girl after my own heart! I also love the music (Alison Krauss fan!) I will most definitely be dropping by again. I hope to see you at Fanciful Alice again :-)

Vintage Rose Collection said...

Tracie, I love coming here as your writing and photos are very soothing. Our friendships growing up stay with us forever don't they...You can be away from eachother for years, and yet,you can pick up right where you left off...
Wishing you a warm and blessed Thanksgiving day angel friend!
Love to you
JO
xo

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful comments during my grief. God bless you!

Love,
Brook

Fifi Flowers said...

Congrats on your award!
It is toooo difficult to pick people for these awards... I'm with you... like to give awards to everyone!
Cheers to friendship!
Fifi

Linda's Blue Gate said...

Zeke I know you are keeping an eye on Tracie and not letting her work too hard.....
HUgs
Linda

Rosezilla said...

I'm feeling nostalgic for some of my childhood friends that I lost touch with. That's the hard part about being a woman, all the girls I knew got married at some point and I don't always know their new last names! But I still keep in touch with some of them and our friendships are still precious.

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh your blog is ADORBLE!!!! I will be a frequent visitor. :) Nice to meet you!