Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

February 26, 2009

Weekend Italian Recipe & A Swedish Find

What a combo, right?


First, I want to share a recipe from Italy
that I love (I hope you will too!)
It's for Shrimp with Orange Chili Glaze
and it's scrumptious... not many ingredients ;)
I'll share it at the end

The other day, I crawled around an old antique store floor
(that's where you find some of the best finds, right?)
Look what I found!
A vintage funnel from Sweden.
I fell in love instantly and brought it home.

I'm going to use it for my vintage bottle
projects and who knows what else!

Okay, here's the recipe
Let me know if you try it and how you like it.
Now you know what I'm making Friday night
Oh yes, I cut the recipe in half... but here's
the original recipe from my friend, Antonia
Enjoy!

Shrimp with Orange Chili Glaze
1/2 c fresh squeezed orange juice
1/2 c fresh cilantro
1 T Asian red chili paste (Sriracha)
1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves minced
3 scallions, green parts only
cut into 1 inch pieces
1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce
1/2 tsp salt
2 lbs large shrimp, shelled & deveined

Put orange juice, cilantro, chili paste, olive oil, garlic, scallions, chipotle and salt in blender and blend until smooth.
Put shrimp in sealable bag and pour the mixture above over the shrimp. Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours but no longer.
Remove shrimp from bag and discard marinade.
Grill shrimp over medium heat until they are opaque (approx. 2 to 3 minutes per side). Remove from heat and serve immediately.

This is really good over salad greens too.

Have a great weekend, talk to you next week!


Au revoir for now~

23 comments:

Jackie said...

Great photography, Tracie - I love how it all looks! Yum!

The Victorian Parlor said...

Yummm! It looks good. I'm going to try it this weekend:) I think some of the best finds are those we have to dig around for-the funnel is darling.

Fete et Fleur said...

Oh yummy! And what a wonderful find. I love it too!

Nancy

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Oh man, does that sound good! We had shrimp scampi tonite but I will save your recipe and try it soon. Yummmm....Lynn

cityfarmer said...

oh, ya did it again....just when I was the most hungry

Honey Bend Vintage said...

Oh how that looks good. I have always wanted one of those cheese plates~
Bristol

alicew said...

Well, you know I am too picky for this one (shrimp doesn't fall into the only chicken diet...lol)...but your photos look like they are from a cookbook...you probably could have one with recipes like this! Your funnel is fab!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hi Tracey, I know Felica is located at the Lonestar Antique Mall in Richland Hills Tx, the number is (817) 503-0441. I don't have an email for her, but I do know that Liisa of http://dreamincream.blogspot.com/ seems to know her. Is that where you saw something. You might leave her a message. Thanks for always stopping by, Thereas

Draffin Bears said...

Your recipe sounds very yummy Tracie and I will have to try it, thanks for sharing.
Your photography is great.

I love your new purchase, your little funnel is really neat and isn't it great to see something and you know that you have to bring it home.

Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs
Carolyn

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Hi Tracie, yummo that looks fabulous!! Thanks for popping over and visiting me at my blog, must try and blog more often I have been away too long!
Alicia

A Romantic Porch said...

Tracie, I just love the sweet things that Alice said about you. She "showcased" you so beautifully. You deserve it. xo rachel

Counting Your Blessings said...

That sounds wonderful! I need groceries so I've just had a cold cereal dinner ;)

Your photos are beautiful, Tracie!! Blessings... Polly

Anne Marie said...

Citrus does sound really good about now-
Can't wait to look around more here-
It's very nice to meet you!

Gail McCormack said...

Sounds scrumptious Tracie!

Your crawling around the floor paid off - love your funnel

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Bonjour Tracie
Thank you for leaving such nice comments on my new blog. I am glad that you did as this has enabled me to discover your blog which I love! Beautifully laid out and lovely photography. I shall keep looking.
A bientôt!
Isabelle x

TattingChic said...

Lovely photos! It looks delish, however, I probably won't be cooking this weekend. :(

Ali ~ Betty & Violet said...

Oh that recipe looks so good...I will save it and try it soon!

Your photos always look so tempting!

Judy said...

I love love love your funnel. I am definitely trying the shrimp. We love easy shrimp recipes around here and this one looks divine. I'll let you know when I do.

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

The pictures makes it look as if it is going to taste delicious, thanks for sharing the recipe, I look forward to trying it out.
Isabelle x

Vintage Rose Collections said...

Hi Tracie,
I am just nuts about your cats! I miss having some and mine were similar to yours.

I am glad that one of your good friends has the same china pattern as I do! It is most tempting to start a new pink roses pattern and get it all at once from a private collector.

So glad you found your vintage funnel in that antique store. Happy cooking with it. I enjoy seeing all your beautiful images :)
Maryanne

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hi Tracie!
Thanks for visiting me! You are a Francophile aussi? Tant mieux! You have a marvelous collection of photos. WOW.

I need to check you out! I am at work so I better scoot...A la prochaine! Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hi Tracie!
You know Joy too? She is a treasure. You have a gorgeous collection of rich photos...I need to check you out! I need to run...at work. Blessings! Anita

Angie said...

Thanks for the posting the recipe. It sounds great.