Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

March 30, 2009

Gearing Up for Marie Week ~ Recipe Français

It arrived today and I'm so excited!

Can't wait to take a look...
I'm so busy trying to get my items together

I thought I'd post a french recipe
that I love very much.

Here you go:

Moules à la Mariniére
(If you love mussels, you'll love this
Mediterranean favorite!)

3 Tbsp unsalted butter
5 shallots - minced
4 garlic cloves - minced
2 celery stalks - thinly sliced
5 sprigs of thyme
1 cup dry white wine
1 tsp white pepper
4 Tbsp créme fraiche (you can use sour cream if need be ;)
2 lbs mussels (Prince Edward Island if you're lucky... I'm still looking!)
sprigs flat leaf parsley (to taste) roughly chopped

Melt butter in large pot over low heat
Add shallots, garlic, celery & thyme and saute for 10 minutes
Add wine, pepper and créme fraiche and raise the heat to med/high
Once liquid comes to boil, add mussels and stir very gently
Cover, cook for approx. 3 minutes or until mussels open

Add parsley and stir gently
Serve in large bowls with crusty french bread
(please remember to discard any mussels that do not open
after cooking)

Enjoy!

Au Revoir for Now...

14 comments:

alicew said...

Oooh la la looks fablous! Can't wait to get a copy myself!

Sherri M. said...

Oh I cannot wait for my copy to arrive!! Thank you for the Ooh La La French Recipe ~ Do you know that I have never had Mussels? I would love to try this on a weekend ~ lots of hugs your way, xoxo

TattingChic said...

Tracie, I feel terrible! I had 23 comments on my blog to moderate and like a dork I accidentally clicked on "REJECT" instead of PUBLISH! SO SORRY!!!
Your comment was one of those. I so want to count you in as part of the giveaway!!! Would you kindly comment again? I copied and pasted your comment from the email alert that was sent:

"Oh my goodness, look at all these people entering your giveaway. Count me in too (and thanks for the invite!). That cake is so, so pretty too!
xo~Tracie"

Ellenay Designs said...

Where in the world is this gorgeous mag? I love the looks of it! Hope you're doing well. I've got a lot of catching up to do and wanted to drop by and say hello.
hugs!

La Table De Nana said...

Absolutely enchanting blog..All the things I love..And we had these Sat..! I am doing them again this w/e:)

Tracie I did write you once of this I am almost certain..Could your escargots dishes have been featured somewhere?

I see so much of you in our lovely mutual aquaintance and vice versa!!
Un compliment!!Bonne Journée~

A Romantic Porch said...

Tracie, That looks so yummy! I've never had mussels. I have yet to find the magazine, but it looks delightful! Have a wonderful week sweet one! xorachel

Suzy said...

The magazine looks great and the recipe sound fabulous.

Hope your days are fine filled with nice weather!?


Love Suzy

*The Beautiful Life* said...

The magazine looks like a great one! Mussels...not so much. :)
To me, anyway. Not much of a seafood gal, but hey, that's just me. Any French recipes calling for coffee?? ;)
Lovely post!
Ruth

Rue said...

Hi sweet Tracie :)

My brother would love that recipe! I'll have to send it to him :)

(((hugs)))
rue

TattingChic said...

Hi Tracie!
Thanks for coming back to comment! You're a dear! You are officially counted in the giveaway.

I cannot wait for Marie Week! I just love Marie Antoinette! I'll have to go and check out that copy today on my lunch break!

Thanks for the recipe. :)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Tracie,

Isn't it lovely having a magazine you love and that wait to sit down to read and enjoy it.
I hope that you have a happy Marie week.

Thanks for the mussel Recipe ~ sound yummy and I would like to make this dish.

Hugs
Carolyn

Marie Antionette said...

OH WOW,I hope mine arrives soon too!!! It may be in the mail.I never had mussels.I need to try them.Guess what i did.I posted my very first post without my daughters help.I even put the pictures up.Anyway I got an award from Bumblebees,I don't really pass awards Tracie,I like to get them though,but most of the time everyone has one.But this time i am passing one to you,go take a look and you will see why.XXOO Marie Antionette

Michelle said...

Oh Tracie, I love mussels and these sound delectable!!

SherryRoseBella said...

Thanks so much, Tracie, for leaving your sweet comment about the Marie Antoinette shoe I made. I have got to go out & find my copy of that magazine!!! I can't wait to see it!! Your recipe sounds yummy!
Sherry