Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

August 31, 2010

Bits of Romance

I wanted to share bits of romance from My Petite Maison
today and throughout the upcoming holiday weekend

This little French white bistro bench says 
romance
to me...
Romance all over it!
It's a flea market find and it holds memories
just like all my items...

My daughter and I found it Easter Sunday
we carried it to the car together... heavy but so,
so, so much fun!


I love the way the sun-dried sun flowers
look in the basket on this bench

How many sun flowers has this bench seen?
I bet millions! ;)

Chippy Galore!
Homemade Vinaigre a l'estragon
 I even put my homemade tarragon vinegar on it
to brew away in the sunshine...
See my hand-written labels?  So much more fun
to do it all by hand... like to incorporate the herb's
look into the label!

Doesn't it look pretty with the sun hitting
all those herbs we grew here at the Maison?

Another thoughtful thing I want to share,
Debbie at Lake House
Hollyhock seeds from Debbie at Lakehouse
sent me this beautiful parcel...
My heart jumped when I was handed
the package at the... well... what do we call it?

Our little town post office burned down
(A whole other story ;)

In any case... it's an extreme happiness,
thank you, Debbie!
Card from Debbie
Even the card has hollyhocks on it...
be still my hollyhock loving heart!

All different colours/colors sorted out
So very nice...  They'll be so many
hollyhocks growing in my garden next year...
Placing them in my dear garden shed until
the time is right.

Now to another bit of romance...
You all know, or most of you do,
My addiction to Illy Caffé/Espresso

I even think my dear friend, Janet of Shabbyfufu
and I have a contest going on... who loves Illy the very best.


I was in my outdoor studio today and started thinking~

About romance, café drinks & one of my favorites~
Roses... White roses

They go hand in hand, non?

Made me think of one of our daughter's favorite
childhood drinks made with rose water and almonds

I made the rose water concoction
(my word for the long weekend)
from our old recipe and voila!

A new romantic drink is born...

deliciousdélicieux, delizioso




Romantique Rose Iced Illy Caffé
by My Petite Maison

Here's the recipe if you'd like to give it a try

1 tsp rose water
1/2 quart low fat milk
1/2 tsp (or more to taste) almond extract

Mix rose water, almond extract & milk together

Brew three to four individual servings 
Illy Espresso or Caffé
(we use a Moka to brew our coffee here)

Add rose water, milk mix to blender
Add coffee mixture
Add lots of ice
(we like it chunky...  goodness)

Blend and serve in your favorite vintage glasses!

Serves 4-6

So whatever you do this long weekend...

Do it with lots of romance!

Watch the world go by... romantically!


Romance your home, 
your friends,
your love!


Happiness to you~


26 comments:

Florence said...

I must try the romantique rose iced coffee, sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Florence

Debbie said...

Oh Tracie~~~your photos are just beautiful...the glasses, all of your pillows on the porch, the roses, just everything!!! Glad you received those seeds. If you would like more...let me know. I still have peach, and some dark burgundy..and lots of mixed seeds.
Debbie@houseatthelake

DustyLu said...

I love it all! Gorgeous, gorgeous! So much inspiration! Have a wonderfull day. I am going back to view your post again! ~lulu

milka said...

I love the bird cages at your front porch! Thanks for sharing the romance ;)

Rebecca said...

Hello to you Miss T~

I will be living out the romance as I celebrate 32 years of wedding bliss with my beloved.

Your pics are the best sweet friend. You inspire me in the best of ways.

Love to you~

Rebecca

Draffin Bears said...

Bonjour Tracie,

Thank you for sharing this lovely post today.
Everything is gorgeous at your house the roses and really love the sofa and cushions out on the deck.
Good luck with the holly hocks and look forward to seeing your pretty flowers.
Hope that you are having a lovely week.
Hugs
Carolyn

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Love all the beauty, Thanks for sharing!!!! Blessings~~~ Daphne

*Ulrike* said...

All of your photos look beautiful Tracie! I don't think I could pick a favorite out of any of them. Handwritten labels look so much more charming. I love hollyhocks too! We brought some seeds back when we went to Germany to see family. They did not bloom this year, but I can't wait for next year!!
Have a beautiful day, actually it looks like you already do!!
Ulrike

La Table De Nana said...

I have been MIA..Nevertheless I have spent time with you..what a lovely post Tracie..never heard of that drink..Thank you~

Shabbyfufu said...

Hi sweets....where do I begin?! Just what I needed to start out with a nice morning after hanging out in the "white zen room" curled up with tea all day yesterday to sooth this nasty cold. I would love to spend time in your petite jardin..how lovely to receive an unexpected gift that will make it even more beautiful next year! Iily, we definitely have that contest going~lol, and as soon as I feel up to it I'll sample your recipe! I've been using those sugar free flavored creamers w/my illy over ice lately. Love to you.....xoxo, Janet

Rebecca said...

I think you've got the romance covered-I'd like to be there-lovely!

Claudia said...

What a beautiful post, Tracie. That bench is absolutely perfect. I'm a wee bit envious! And how wonderful and sweet to receive Hollyhock seeds from a friend.

Have a wonderful weekend.

xo
Claudia

cityfarmer said...

you are just one romantic chic .



honey, I'm not sure if I can get the" shop the shed" sale on line ... everything is so one of a kind ... and i'm so busy ... any suggestions on logistics ?

Sandi said...

Tracie your photos are beautiful! I haven't made any herb vinegar in a long time so I need to do that soon. Love that bench and all your other goodies as well! HAPPY WW!
Blessings~

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Such beautiful romantic images, Tracie. There are so many beautiful things, but I love that french bistro bench and your garden is so lovely.
Happy WW!
~ Jo :)

Rosemary said...

Awesome, Awesome and more Awesome!
Very romantic indeed!!! Love that bench, and all your other lovelies.
Hope you are having a very romantic day!!!
xo,
Rosemary

Heaven's Walk - said...

So so pretty, Tracie! Your porch looks so cozy and inviting! Isn't that Debbie at Houseatthelake just a gem???!!!! lol! I've known her for over 20 years, and she is my soul-sister. Such a dearheart. Love your blog, girl! :) Have a Happy WW!

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

Virginia said...

I love it all....Beautiful!!
Sweet Blessings,
Virginia

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

HI Tracie ~ Your porch looks so welcoming. I must admit I am very intrigued by your new drink ~ I think I need to go back and write it down.

Brenda@Cozy Little House said...

Tracie, I've known you for a long time it seems. And when I think of you, I think of romance. Your jar is a work of art. How sweet to get such a wonderful gift! I can't get hollyhocks to do piddly!
Brenda

Julie Marie said...

Hello Tracie... your maison looks so beautiful... and I love seeing your kitties in the photos at times... the sunflowers on the chippy bench are gorgeous! I too love to make herb vinegars and love seeing them out in the sunshine brewing...everything you have shown says "romance" for sure... the drink sounds yummy too... where do you buy those? I doube we can get them here in Utah... but would love to try one... wishing you a beautiful week and upcoming holiday weekend... xoxo Julie Marie

sissie said...

Romance is all over the place at your home my dear. Everything is so lovely. I adore your pretty chippy bench and the basket of dried sunflowers look perfect sitting there.

Your coffee drink looks like the perfect relaxing drink. Debbie is such a sweetie for sending you those seeds.

hugs
Sissie

A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Tracie ~ your photos are so lovely! So many lovely places to sit and enjoy a cool drink!

Andrea - Faded Plains said...

So romantic...and inviting. I've never heard of Illy coffee...but I love me some good coffee...so I'm off to check it out. Have a perfectly beautiful day Tracie!

Air Kiss said...

Hi There Tracie!
I hope you are having a good week! Debbie is one sweet lady! :) I must try that rose coffee recipe!! It sounds incredible! I have been meaning to try Illy for a couple years.. I'll have to pick up some next time I go to Whole Foods Market! Your bench~ what a find! Thanks for your kind comments. Have a great weekend! :)
Hugs, Lara

Katie at Just Because Katie... said...

Hi Tracie!!! Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment...How did you find me? Just curious :)
Oh, how I love your blog!!! So pretty and I love all your photos... Especially your animals, you show on the sidebar. Just like me:) All my animals are rescue too. Except, for Emma. Your studio looks so inviting!!! I would love to have a screen door like the one you have...XoXo