Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

August 17, 2010

White Wednesday ~ Taste of France

Today I thought I'd share a little Taste of Français
from the little corner where I'll be prepping it out just for you!

Our petite window (old fashioned window, like Grandma's ;)


But here's a little outside view first...
Don't you just love walking by houses and trying to take
a little peek inside?

I do ;)

My hubby doesn't though... what's up with that?

Embarrass him just a bit at times.


 So... here we go, back to the inside

My little view from the kitchen table,
love, love, love to sit at the laptop here 
and dream away!

Feel the Wine Country breezes lilting in the windows?

Another window...
Apologize for the big decal, but we have pets inside,
Need to let folks know we have important
family members inside too.

Oh and please don't mind the window dust...
happens with windows open with those lovely summer breezes!

My petite white corner
where I'm preparing this White Wednesday post now...

Most items...  flea market finds, of course,
and even the cats have a vintage café au lait bowl
(daughter's idea)

Fleurs, little magnolia buds, collected flea market tidbits
Can't remember a time this little house
did not have fresh fleurs inside

These are grocery store flowers my hubby brought me,
Aren't they beautiful?  Yes... Inexpensive but very beautiful!

Always organic fresh fruit.  White nectarines, raspberries & Pink Pearl apples
 Have you tried the Elderflower Pressé yet from Belvoir Farms?
It's delicious!  Found at local gourmet market
Bubbly goodness, not too sweet ~ just the bottle is art
and a White Wednesday object for certain.

White Spice Jars from Anthropologie ~ Clearance Items = Perfect Price ;)

Did I mention there are white peaches out there?  Right outside!

Vintage Fleur de lis salt & pepper shakers

Which brings me to the Tastes of France
for today

 1 ~ Sea Salt with Herbes de Provence


 Take approximately 2 T French Sea Salt
(I used Esprit du Sel)

and mix in 1/2 tsp Herbes de Provence


 Crush until well blended and aromas meld together

Smells heavenly!

 Looks heavenly too... See?


 I also use it to fill these little shakers
so old (vintage now ;) from France

You can also make the same thing with pepper/poivre
Yum!
Vintage French shakers & Mother of Pearl salt & pepper shakers


 Next, my other Taste of France 
to share with you today

2 ~ Honey & Lavender Ice Cream
(Easy Recipe)

1 tsp dried lavender flowers (pesticide free)
3/4 c sugar
2 c milk
1/4 tsp Herbes de Provence salt (we just made it!)
4 egg yolks
1/4 c lavender, wildflower or herbes honey
1 c heavy cream

Process the flowers and sugar in food processor until blended

In med suacepan, scald milk.  Stir in lavender, sugar & salt until dissolved.

In top of double boiler, whisk egg yolks until light & smooth
Gradually whisk eggs yolks until they're smooth
Cook mixture over the boiling water, keep stirring until thick and very smooth

Remove mixture from heat, stir in honey until it dissolves
Gradually stir in cream
Pour into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap & place in refrigerator for 3 hours

Place into your ice cream machine and freeze or you can freeze for 4 hours 
in your freezer.

Enjoy... And

Don't forget to add a little extra sprinkling
of our special
Herbes de Provence salt on top

Honey Lavender Ice Cream topped with Herbes de Provence Salt

3 ~ Now isn't that great?

Two great tastes of France
 right there (or here) together!


They're both perfect for White Wednesday ;)
So are you going to give them a try?


Happiness to you!
(from my petite corner of this little kitchen garden)


39 comments:

sissie said...

Hi Tracie,
I just love the view from your little window. Your kitchen corner is so sweet with all the vintage and french decor.

The salts sound wonderful and the containers are so pretty.

hugs
Sissie

Julie Marie said...

Hi Tracie, your post is so gorgeous... I love your little window like your grandma had... and the breeze blowing in. Also love that the kitties have their own cafe au lait bowls, too cute! The recipes sound delish... and your little petite table where you look at your laptop is wonderful... thanks for checking on me and all of your prayers and thoughts... love to you... xoxo Julie Marie

Debra@Common Ground said...

Oh Tracie, I'm in love with your Petite Corner. the bistro chair, table, too cute cat bowls, it's all just wonderful! Love seeing the condensation on those glorious bottles, really pretty post!
xo,
Debra

Sandi said...

Tracie your window view is gorgeous! Love all your french goodies and your style of decor. So simple yet elegant. The ice cream sounds heavenly!!
Happy WW!
Blessings~

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

My white Wednesday post will be on France too, great minds think alike, but it won't come out until the am. Great post.

Theresa said...

Oh what a sweet little corner to dream and breathe in the fresh air! your old fashion windows that push out are just wonderful. Thank you for the recipes also, I've never tried lavender in any food but am seeing so much lately that I'm going to have to give it a try! Happy WW! Theresa

Betty Jo said...

Honey and Lavender ice cream! Be still my heart. That would be incredible. Love your blog and this wonderful post. ♥

Debbie said...

Your view is wonderful Tracie! I love coming here to see your lovely home.
Debbie@houseatthelake

Donna said...

What a beautiful post! I love the views from your window, both inside and out! And your kitchen is just charming and oh, so French! Love it all! I love cooking with herbs de Provence, too. Saw you over at White Wednesday :)

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

What a beautiful post. Made me feel so peaceful!
Thanks for sharing,
Karen

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

I just absolutely ADORE your table and chair...chippy, rusty, perfect in every way!!

BailiwickStudio said...

What pretty whites! I love your little window in the charming kitchen corner. And I must try the lavender ice cream - I had some at a lavender festival and it was delicious! ::Jill

Olive Cooper said...

Tracie, love your little white corner. olive♥

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

I loved this post! I felt like I was reading a magazine!
Beth

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

Hi Tracie, absolutely a beautiful post. Love all the goodies you showed us. What a wonderful white area. I love the decorating and your style is so wonderful. I just love it. Have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Debbie

Drawn to The Sea said...

Your photos draw me in, make me want to sit & enjoy the breeze. I can almost smell the wonderful scents wafting thru...

Coté Provence said...

Love your sense of decoration... so natural and beautiful. and oh the lavender ice cream... oh my god. I can almost smell it.

Beautiful post as always!

Bleudelavande said...

Hi Tracie, another wonderful post as always!!!!
I just love the wiew from that little, lovely window!!!!
Have a nice day.

AshTreeCottage said...

Hi Tracie! Darling window and your whites are lovely!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

trash talk said...

My goodness, but such salty talk from your kitchen corner! Love it all.
Debbie

Seaside Rose Creations said...

I can literally feel the breeze coming in thru that window. Something dreamy about white curtains blowing in the breeze in a window. Don't know what it is.
Beautiful post, beautiful whites!
Roselle

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour Tracie,
Lovely view from your window! Your bistro table and chairs look very inviting. The Lavender Ice Cream will be put to use asap.
Bon journée,
Mimi

Virginia said...

All you things are beutiful...love your little window. Your style of decor is stunning.
Sweet Blessings,
Virginia

Sue said...

I love the little window and it's few! Priceless! What beautiful pictures as well. Thanks for sharing, and have a wonderful WW!

Take care, Sue

Karen said...

So French, so beautiful... and so white. Very different for my neck of the woods! (Deep south Texas)
Have a wonderful day.
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

Beautiful view inside as well as out. Love your decor. ~~Sherry~~

Zuzu said...

Delightful post, Tracie! I'm in love with your heavenly home!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Marie said...

Bonjour Tracie - J'adore every bits and pieces of un petit corner. I really love everything about it!
-marie

Rosemary said...

I love your place, it's so amazing.
What a wonderful place to live.
I love that salt!!!
Hope you are having a great day!
xo,
Rosemary

Daisy Cottage said...

(((Tracie))))

Ooooh....I love everything! And your kitchen corner is dreamy, dreamy, dreamy!

What a beautiful post - I so enjoyed visiting you this morning.

And as always - thank you SO much for being such a sweetheart. A true gem YOU are.

Love,
Kim

Alison said...

Tracie by the end of your post I was drooling...LOL
Apart from your gorgeous home and salts there was the yummy icecream...mmmmmmm...yummy
Alison

Donna said...

Hi again Tracie,
Thanks so much for visiting!
Yes, you can get Ralph Lauren's antiquing glaze at the Home Depot! At least that's where I bought mine quite a few months ago. I use "smoke". It is a bit expensive, but a little goes a long way, and it is super easy to use! Good luck with your project :)

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Your window views are gorgeous! What a lovely post.... thanks for sharing your ice cream receipe sounds delish!!! Blessings~~~ Daphne

Brenda@Cozy Little House said...

Love your petite white corner! The essence of France.
Brenda

Andrea - Faded Plains said...

Honey lavender ice cream...man that sounds so good...thanks so much for sharing these with us...and your home is gorgeous...love how your windows pop open.

Donna Lynn said...

OH Tracie,
Beautiful, gorgeous, and amazing pictures! I feel like I just went to France.

Loved how you mentioned organic fruit, we are 100% organic in my house, even what we clean with and put on our bodies!

Thanks for sharing such beauty,
XO,
Donna Lynn

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

so today i am at andrea's of faded plains and i see LOS GATOS on your comment...so i had to stop by..

i am from LOS GATOS...raised there...gosh i love that town...

kennedy road...sound familiar?

i am happy to follow...


what a beautiful blog you have....

just beautiful

kary
xxx

Celestina Marie Designs said...

Hi Tracie,
What a wonderful and inspiring post. I love the window like your grandmas and all the details at your petite white table. Everything speaks comfy and home and so special.
You just have the touch and ways to make everything wonderful. Your home reminds me of days at my grandmas. Although she was from Italy, everything was fresh and straight from the garden.

Thank you for sharing your White Wednesday. The recipes sound so good.
Hugs and love to you.
Celestina Marie

victoria said...

Tracie... This lovely post made the world more beautiful today!

Thank you
Victoria