Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

September 16, 2010

Cool Breeze Inspiration & Fall Recipe

Little bits of inspiration for you today...
whether it be a treasure from the seashore
wrapped around a pretty white padded hanger...

Or perhaps an antique camisole that will be
making its way into the store.
Our days are getting cooler
can feel fall coming on even more now...
See my little kitty, Gigi in the photo?
She's under the weather today w/respiratory problems...

Would you say a little prayer for her?
We're worried about her, she's a gentle souled cat
this maison loves her dearly.

I'm trying to take in the blue sky and really appreciate
each moment, each ray of the Sun

We're so blessed to live in this little house,
under this blue sky with all its light shining

And, of course, enjoy these little bistro lights
outdoors while walking through the gravel ;)

We're hearing it's going to rain
this weekend
so we're just cherishing this Sun
here today and thinking good thoughts
for little Gigi Girl


Look at this big blue sky & clouds
(just trying to see if I can make out a figure here ;)

Ooh, and smell the clean, cool breezes

Singing birdies on the wire!

some lavender a dear friend gave me
she gave me some white lavender too...

Thought that's what I shot for this photo, but non
 (more about white lavender later)

Just look at that gravel...
Hubby loves the subject of gravel... 
going to need more gravel ;)


And all the chirping sounds that goes with happy birds
eating sunflower seeds we grew here this summer!

I've been eating tons of our local produce...
Gravenstein apples and champagne grapes

What's fresh in your area,
what are your favs
of the moment?

I've included one of my favorite French salad
recipes for what we call

Genevieve's Apple et Endive Salade
(Genevieve's a childhood family friend)

It's so easy!

2 Belgian endive
2 Gravenstein apples 
(or whatever kind you like!)
 2 T chopped basil
3T olive oil
(we're using Picholine these days)
1 T lemon juice
1/2 tsp whole grain mustard
(we use Maille or Grey Poupon)
Salt & Pepper to taste


Cut endive & apple in wedges

Whisk olive oil, lemon juice & mustard together

Add chopped basil to endive & apple mixture
pour olive oil mixture over
Add salt & pepper to taste

Serve immediately

Serves 4- 6

Enjoy!


Happy Weekend
Thanks for your Gigi prayers
~ et ~
Happiness to you!


21 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Such a pretty post Tracie... kitty prayers from me for sweet little Gigi... please keep me posted how she is doing, I love her... xoxo Julie Marie

Blondie's Journal said...

Tracie~~~

Your pictures are beautiful, as always. I love pea gravel, too...the crunch sound it makes when you walk on it. I'm saying many prayers for your sweet Gigi.

xoxo
Jane

tracy mooney said...

Hi Tracie, love your blog. Hope Gigi gets better my prayers are with her. I have six cats of my own which all were strays, love everyone of them dearly.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Tracie,

I will say a little prayer for your sweet Gigi, I do hope that she will be feeling better.
We have a gravel area at our place too and it is nice walking on it and hearing the sound it makes.
Your photos are beautiful, love the lavender and the white lace cloth.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

sissie said...

Your post is so beautiful and your photos are breathtaking!
I will say prayers for sweet little Gigi. I love my kitties so much and it breaks my heart that your sweet baby is sick.

hugs and blessings,
Sissie

La Table De Nana said...

I just finished prayers for a certain laney..:) Now I will add Gigi:)

Beautiful photos..

I see a little person in a snowcapped suit in the sky..

Your gnome reminds me so much of a favorite movie..Le fabuleux Destin d"Amelie Poulain..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211915/

texasdaisey said...

Oh so pretty! Loved all the pics!
Debbie

Dreamy Whites said...

Hello Tracie,
I hope you cat is doing better.
I love your post. Your home is beautiful...
I want to thank you for stopping by today....
I will let you know the next time I am going to the Alameda Flea Market, I would love to try and hook up with you!!!
xoxoxo
Maria

Sarah said...

Tracie, your photos are always so fabulous. I could float right up into those clouds. Thanks for the salad recipe. It looks delicious! ~ Sarah

Bleudelavande said...

Hi Tracie,
such a great post, I love all your photos!!!!
I'll say a little prayer for your Gigi.
Have a nice day.

June said...

Everything is gorgeous in your world today Tracie. Oh your pictures caught my breath, Just beautiful, my friend. I will say prayers for sweet Gigi. I'm so sorry she's not well. What a worry that would be.
I read your previous post just now also, and I really think you have the loveliest life. But what I love, is that you are so grateful for it. We certainly are blessed in life. I have been taking in all the last of Summer, and loving the changing of the season.
The salad is a must try!
hugs to you dear friend...

Megan Chamberlain said...

I love your photos and your beautiful home. I hope Gigi gets better, I will be thinking about her, it is such a worry when one of your furry children gets sick.

Fräulein Klein said...

Hello Tracie, so a pretty post!
Love all your images!
Have a nice weekend
Yvonne

"All things French" said...

Hi Tracie Thank you for dropping by my blog. I love your use of White and pretty lavender it reminds me of Provence.
~Dianne~

Mitzi Curi said...

We've been having some beautiful fall weather here in Michigan, and I'm trying to enjoy the last blooms from my garden. Your photos are wonderfully inspiring, and thanks for the recipe!

Sandi said...

Your photos are wonderful Tracie! And your precious Gigi...brings a tear to my eye. Reminds me so much of our Izzy whom we lost a year ago. She was the most gentle kitty ever and how I miss her. Have a lovely day!
Blessings~

Sissy said...

Your little cat Gigi is in my prayers.

Claudia said...

Oh Tracie, my thoughts and prayers are with Gigi. Please let us know how she does. She is so pretty and I know how much you love her.

xo
Claudia

trash talk said...

I'm keeping little Miss Gigi in my thoughts...hopefully it's just a seasonal thing.
I stared at the clouds and yes...I see it...a crown!
Doesn't the sound of gravel and fall go hand and hand...mix in the sound of crunching leaves...and heaven!
Debbie

Rosemary said...

Hello Tracie,
So sorry about GiGi, I will send out good kitty thoughts to her.
Your place looks amazing, so Magnolia Pearl!! The recipe sounds so yummy, going to try it. We cannot compete with your area, but we have a great Farmers Market here with lots of goodies.
Have a nice weekend,
xo,
Rosemary

Brenda Kula said...

I'm still enjoying strawberries on my cereal. But probably not for much longer. I love the way you weave your day into your posts. I'll send good karma toward your sweet kitty.
Brenda