Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

October 22, 2010

Let's Talk Bistro Lights (and such)

Okay... 
the topic is bistro lights here today/tonight
and my little outdoor area always, forever in the works


I have received so many requests about 
my little twinkling bistro lights and my area in the
back and side yards I'm almost speechless (almost!)

Thank YOU.

Always a work in progress,
a fun, hard working one!

But, still finding bits of glass, garbage 
 and such out back...

Even after years (can you believe it?)
Using a yard as a dumping ground?  Shame on folks for that! 

Back to the pleasant things...

I order my bistro light strings
at Party lights here
and order replacement bulbs at the same time
although I haven't had to use any of them yet.

Another thing I'm loving is the little battery powered "candles"
I've bought loads of them at Wal-Mart for a safe light source...

Here's a link for those as well
over at Amazon

If I forget they're on, it's no big deal...
have to look into recycling these though, 
although none have burned out yet.

They just make everything prettier

See... they're all around here:

Table top

Vintage planter

French glasses, hanging lamps and
French canning jars too!




And back to the bistro lights...
I can't begin to tell you how lovely they are 


in the rain


We've got that light dust of rain drops falling here today
and I'm busy taking photos for a very special post next week


Check back to see, I think you will like (a lot ;)


A couple last things here at My Petite Maison...


I'm planning on reading this lovely magazine
Gli speciali di Casa Chic
from cover to cover
under these rain dropped lights this weekend


so graciously sent to me from 
Tracey of French Larkspur






Just the way I like it...
pretty wrap, pretty notes...
pretty everything!


Merci beaucoup, Tracey


It is so inspiringly beautiful!
photos in magazine:  Tracey Leber


Tracey's got a beautiful shop that is so in
My Petite Maison's style!


Hope the sources help you and thank you
for all your emails about my lights


Can't wait to show you more...
That work always in progress!


Here's to wishing everyone 
a lovely weekend
filled with bistro light love!


Lastly,
The winners of my Petite Bohemian Giveaway
are Sheilla from Style de Bohême

et/and

Debbie of

Shabbydeb


Happiness to you
from My Petite Maison



24 comments:

Rita said...

Love the lights, love everything. I am so inspired by looking at blogs like yours. Let's talk TRASH,lol
we have the same problem in our property and we've been here for 20 years now and still digging up trash. What I heard is that some folks like to make holes and burn their trash and cover it after.
Wishing you a happy weekend. Ciao Rita mammabellarte

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Your outdoor garden area looks so beautiful lit up with all of the bitro lights and candles, Tracie! What a great idea to use the battery powered candles for outside (in case you forget to blow them out)... smart and beautiful!
Congratulations on winning that beautiful magazine... enjoy!
Hugs ~ Jo :)

La Table De Nana said...

What a charming post") All the lights..ambiance..yes you and Fifi have so much in common..Have a lovely weekend..I'm off to check your links:)

sissie said...

Hi Tracie,
Thanks for my daily does of loveliness. That's why I love coming over to visit your blog. Your bistro lights make me want to light up my backyard. Oh so lovely.

Enjoy your wonderful magazine.

hugs
Sissie

* French Farmhouse 425 * said...

~*~*Im so happy you gave us the info on your garden bistro lights!! I have been trying to find some for my back deck and patio!! :) LOVED your wrapping on your order too..BEAUTIFUL!! Hugs,Rachel ;)~*~

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Tracie... your little bistro lights are so pretty... I would just sit out there for hours, daydreaming and such... your little flickering candle lights look pretty too... you have created such a beautiful little relaxing spot...the magazine from Tracey looks wonderful... congratulations to your giveaway winners... I am excited for your next post too!... xoxo Julie Marie

Blondie's Journal said...

What a very sweet post, Tracie. Your beautiful space and all the pretty 'fairy' lights are so inspiring for outdoors...it almost makes me wish summer weren't over. You are doing a great job in making over this area, it's just lovely. Looking forward to next weeks post! :-)

XO,
Janie

Sandi said...

Tracie your place is just beautiful! Do you keep it like this year round? If I tried that it would be blown to kingdom come or rained out...snowed out...etc. It is a very special place and one that I can see would cause a person to sit and dream for a long time.
Hugs~

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

Your back yard gettaway is enchanting! So perfectly dreamy! I love it! I will have to get those little lights with batteries and I will need a few strings of bistro lights, and then I will need a french door to get outside to enjoy them! Its coming soon...so thanks for the inspiration. And what do you have your lace fabric hanging from outside to create that charming boho look?

Tracey said...

Oh Traice you are so sweet! Thank you for the nice things you said about me and my shop, they are very much appreciated!!!

And oh my, your outdoor area is gorgeous!!! I LOVE all of the lights twinkling everywhere...makes it seems so magical! Your decor is right up my alley! Looks just beautiful!

Hugs ~

:) T

p.s. and, yes, I will reserve you one of the canvas tote bags :))

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

i have to get some of these lights...love them...and i love your kittys...

happy to see you at farmhouse...i have some small battery tea lights but you have inspired me to go and get some bigger ones...really nice for christmas and winter....

have a wonderful october weekend.
kary and teddy
xxx

Shabbyfufu said...

Gorgy, gorg, gorg.....are those even words? Anyway I think that you have done a stunningly beautiful job with your former dumping ground. Now a divine and romantic place to dream! xoxo, Janet

Alicia ~ time worn style said...

It just looks all so pretty and magical Tracie, you have beautiful taste, love it!
alicia

trash talk said...

I'm still waiting for you to do an outline of your name in lights...it should be up in lights...you're so talented!
I'm a big fan of the tea lites too. I buy them at Dollar Tree by the tons...especially since I managed to set a guest on fire one Christmas with a candle! I'm not one to be trusted with matches!!!
One little question. Do you and your main squeeze ever dance cheek to cheek under those fairy lights. You should...magical!
Debbie

SALTBOX TREASURES said...

Oh, your outdoor area is gorgeous! Wish we could have that here in the Northwest. Thanks for sharing.
~ Julie

Florence said...

Love the magic of your lights. I love to see peoples response when they see lights in the garden, definitely magic. Florence

milka said...

Love the lighting in your garden, especially the batteries operated candles, would like to have loads of them but i haven't seen it here before. Your sitting place looks cozy and everything seen so perfect!

Lantliv i Norregård said...

Hello!
Thank you for your comment!! I just love your beautiful blogg;o)

Love Malin

Vintage French Hen said...

Hi Tracie, Let me just say that I love your style! I am thinking you live in Northern California? Just curious about all your beautiful treasures that are outside. Do you have to bring everything in because of the weather? You have so many things outside it appears, is it under a covering? I live in the Modesto area, and am always moving things in and out! So glad I found you, Marcia

VINTAGE HOME lifestyle said...

Your outdoor living space is just amazing. Love all the lights. I think I am going to have order some for my little Chateau.
Have a wonderful rainy weekend...Fall is in the air for sure.
ox...Cathleen

kerrie said...

Oh I too delight in Cranford...may have to put that on later. Thank you for your sweet words. I am once again adding you to my blog list/follower buttons...I think I do it wrong sometimes because I know I've added you before but now can't find you on there. Blogging is not simple enough for me! ox~ kerrie

DEBBIE BELL said...

Oh Tracie...The whole outdoor backyard & lights are gorgeous!!!!!
Stunning....& I would stay out there forever & not get a thing done:) I am so excited I am one of the winners in your giveaway sweets! Thank you so very much!
Hugs...
Deb:)

Musings From A French Cottage said...

Ohhh Tracie, your garden is beautiful and I really like those bistro lights. Thank you for sharing your source. I enjoy those battery candles too. They allow me to have candlelight in unexpected places where I might not be able to safely light a candle. Enjoy your reading in that beautiful garden!

Thank you for stopping by for a visit. I'm so glad you did. Come again anytime!!

Happy Weekend!
~Kathleen

Boxwood Cottage said...

Your enchanting outdoor area looks absolutely magical with all the litte lights Tracie, I so love it and could look at you pictures all day!!!
Wishing you a happy week!
Carola