Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

October 25, 2010

Loving the Fall

Just had to show you scenes from our fall days

I love this weather!  It rained so hard Saturday night,
the storm drain woke me up, it was delightful!

Bought a new, super fluffy comforter and the timing
was more than perfect for the cool rain. 

I could stay under the fluffy goodness
so spectacularly sweet all day and may 
just do that next Sunday for Halloween!
Pumpkin bread, pumpkins & Northern Spy apples on the porch
 I am loving this pumpkin bread from one of our local bakeries
Walked to pick it up Saturday morning along with one of my
addictions for the last couple months, apples!

Thought I'd be apple'd out by now but our local produce store
has so many kinds, it's hard to stop trying them one by one

The ones shown are Northern Spies
love the name and the taste

I swear, they are like perfume...
a bit tart but also sweet but not too sweet
and juicily good ;)

Pumpkin Bread, Jeanne d'Arc Living cheese dome, white pumpkins
 It was so beautiful last weekend, we sat on the porch and had a slice
of pumpkin bread toasted and our apples.

I had to bring out my Jeanne d'Arc Living cheese dome.
I love this piece.  It usually sits atop my pot rack that hangs
from the ceiling with tons of baskets but I just had to bring it
outside to enjoy as well with the French bakery board.

One of the best things on toasted pumpkin bread is Jimtown store
fig and olive spread
It's their version of a traditional olive tapenade and is so good!

Here's Jimtown's link (remember, I took you there for a field trip?)
but I bet you could get your local gourmet market to
order the spread for you so you don't have to buy four
containers at once... that's a lot of spread!

It is fantastic though... on everything!




We were working on the side yard Saturday a bit
and I didn't notice a thing different (well not too different)

Until Sunday when I walked through the gate...


My husband made me a little river rock heart
Oui, river rocks from the Russian River!

I love it and it's staying right there for good.

My daughter gave me the sweet little ferris wheel.
She brought it home from work for me.  As I understand it,
she got a fab deal and couldn't pass it up.  It's darling, non?


That's it for now.  Talk to you later in the week.

Happiness to you!


 

21 comments:

Florence said...

Love the heart shaped made from the rocks. You got a treasure there. Florence

LantlivsAnette said...

Hello !! Thanks for visiting my blogg !! And what a wonderful blog you have !!
From Anette in Sweden

elinAnita (eddaskreativiteter ) said...

Oh it looks so good that bread..and I love the small white pumpkins...I cant buy it in Norway:(
Have a wonderful day:)
eddaHugs

trash talk said...

That is so sweet...the bread...and your rock giving you his heart.
Debbie

Shabbyfufu said...

Are those pumpkin seeds on top of the bread? Looks super yummy and I think I might have to toast and use some cream cheese on top! LMK if you are still "coming over" here (*wink*). Off for my morning walk now...in the still 80+ weather! xoxo

Sandi said...

LOVE your cheese dome and that heart is so sweet Tracie!! Always love your photos!

I hope you have a wonderful day today. We are supposed to get up to 60 mph winds and storms ...not good, BUT I get to pick up my sweet Annika from preschool today so will be able to spend a little time with her!! That is always fun!!
Hugs~

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hello Tracie... what a pretty post... it sounds lovely sitting out on your little porch, eating pumpkin bread and apples... love that little river rock heart your hubby made for you... so romantic!... xoxo Julie Marie

La Table De Nana said...

I loved the dome the moment I spotted it..how sweet of your husband and daughter:) That's so nice..

Claudia said...

Oh, your husband is so sweet, Tracie! Your home looks beautiful, as always. I think I have just fallen in love with a cheese dome...GORGEOUS.

xo
Claudia

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

I love that cheese dome. It looks like mercury glass! Really pretty vignette.

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Beautiful pictures, Tracie! That pumpkin bread sounds and looks delicious!
How very sweet of your husband and what a beautiful touch to the garden... as well as the ferris wheel. :)
Have a great fall day!
~ Jo

Vintage och morrhår said...

We share similar love for fall... and cats! And what a loving gesture of your good man....

Faded Charm said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments Tracie. Also for your sweet words about Max. You know, I've really been missing him lately and things just don't seem the same without him. He was such a huge part of our lives and so many memories with him and the kids when they were little. I miss those days.

Enjoy your week.

Kathleen

Bella said...

Hi Tracie, You sound just like me lots of rain and loving apples, the feel of autumn. Your fall vignette is perfect, the heart shaped rocks priceless :-)))

sissie said...

Hi Tracie!
What a sweet symbol of love. Your little rock garden is so sweet.

hugs
Sissie

June said...

Tracie how sweet of your husband to do!!! It's just those things that make life sweet. And the fact that your daughter would be so thoughtful to get you the ferris wheel for your garden!
That bread looks so yum!
I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed my last PORCH. You guys do such a beautiful job!
hugs

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Tracie,

I enjoyed seeing your beautiful photos and love the sweet rock heart and the ferris wheel.
the pumpkin bread and the apples look yummy.

Happy Wednesday
Hugs
Carolyn

time-worn interiors said...

How sweet hubby is for making you the rock heart! Kids can bring home some of the cutest things!

I love pumpkin bread, one of my favs!

Theresa
aka:TOT

Bleudelavande said...

Hi Tracie such a pretty autumn post! Love all your pictures!!!
Have a nice day.
Big Hugs from Italy.

laura said...

so glad I stopped by I need to make my heart smile.. love your heart & gift from your daughter. Wished I lived closer the walk to get the pumpkin bread sounds yummy. xoxo Laura

*Ulrike* said...

Totally sweet!