Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

December 14, 2010

Paper Whites et White Roses

Paper Whites... White Roses...
and old clock faces.

I'm inspired this White Wednesday

Antique Clock Face Going to New Home... bye bye, beauty!

Yes, I'm sending this beautiful clock face from Europe off to its new home
it is on its way already!

  Makes me happy when I know a piece is going to a
good home where it will be appreciated by a kind soul.






Now for a quick view of my paper whites (at least those in my little work nook)
and some pretty white roses.  By now, you know this little place is never without
fleurs of some kind.  I try to have a few in every room, it just makes things
lighter for me and my hubby's nice enough to stop by the grocery store each
Friday.  A lady that works there usually has a couple dozen put away
for him to bring home here, isn't that nice of her?

Zeke even smells the fleurs every Friday when they are
brought in the maison ~ so funny, but he's got to do it!




My little work corner filled w/fleurs
I know, it's small like the rest of the maison, but I want it beautiful and inspiring
if possible and filled with fresh fleurs.


Paper Whites et White Roses


Just one more photo and that's it for me this post as I'm playing
catch up big, big time.
.
I'm so far behind and I'm still trying to recover from having the flu.
Please don't do what I did... thought it was gone and pushed a bit too hard.

Have so much making up to do...

A little bit of the sea in white for the paper white arrangement


I hope to be back next White Wednesday (if not before) and show you
our maison Christmas tree... that is, hoping I find one still left out there
ready to come home with me.  

I'd love to show you more of
our Christmas decorations too.

Thank you for all your well wishes,
it really lifted my spirit!

Happiness to you!


26 comments:

Petite Michelle Louise said...

just gorgeous. i love paper whites. yours look so lovely in the ironstone with the moss and starfish. Happy WW!

Ozma of Odds said...

...one can simply never have too many of these oh-so-lovely les fleurs!!
NEVER!!

Happiest White Wednesday my friend!
xo, Rosemary

raggygirlvintage said...

Paper whites and white roses, just beautiful!
Tracey

La Table De Nana said...

Such a pretty home:) Lovely..

Blondie's Journal said...

Your flowers are just beautiful, Tracie. I was a little late in starting paper whites this winter. How sweet that your husband picks up flowers for you and even sweeter that they save the best for you! And I love the space that you have created for yourself.

We don't have our tree yet, just one thing after the other including a big snowstorm over the weekend. I am going to have to leave it up until February to get my money's worth!

I hope you are feeling 100%!

XO,
Jane

Ticking and Toile said...

Your home looks so lovely & inviting!!! I would love to come by & visit :)

Glad you're feeling better!!

xo,
Shellagh

Secret Garden Cottage said...

I absolutely adore your little nook, Tracie! Your antique pieces are gorgeous! The paper whites and roses are just lovely... the perfect amount of white for Christmas!
Somebody is a very lucky person to receive that gorgeous clock face.
Happy Holidays!
xoxo,
Jo :)

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Tracie... so happy you are feeling better... your fleurs are beautiful and how sweet that Zeke has to smell them each time... I love you Zeke!... your home is so pretty, and soothing, I know I always tell you the same thing, but it is... I would love to sit and chat with you there...xoxo Julie Marie

Fish Tail Cottage said...

love your paper whites & the way they smell!! lucky you to enjoy those!!!
xoxo
~tracie

sweetpea said...

don't feel alone, i got a very late start on my decorating this season as well. i love your little maison. the best things DO come in small packages.

hugs,

shelley

Faded Charm said...

Who wouldn't want that beautiful clock face? Your flowers are soooo beautiful. Love the paperwhites mixed with the roses.

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Kathleen

DEB said...

Tracie.... I will say again... I Love coming here & seeing all things beautiful:) The paper whites are soooo pretty..made me want to plant some ( i never have..so merci for inspiration)
Your home is gorgeous:)
Hugs..
Deb:0 xox

June said...

Oh Tracie, that clock face is wonderful! I think clock faces are so special in one's decor.
Oh I think I can smell the paper whites from here.
hugs

kerrie said...

Tracie, they are so pretty. I adore your lil work station...I adore tiny spaces. We have four children and have always lived in tiny one story cottages. Please sip some tea and take a rest so you will be well for Christmastide. Blessings to you sweetie. ox`kerrie

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Oh Gosh....I'm in love!!!

Marianne@Songbird said...

Hi, I hope you are recovered fully by now. Your paper whites look lovely, do they smell good too?

MARIA said...

Merry Christmas my Dear Online Angel!

Theresa said...

How utterly sweet of your hubby to bring you flowers on friday. My paperwhites are just poking through the dirt, something to look forward to in Jan.! Theresa xoxo

Karen Valentine said...

Oh it would have been so hard to see that clock face go away!!! If I were you I would have to have lived with it for a while myself. :)
Love the paperwhites. There are my favorite holiday flower. Hope you are having a peaceful and wonderful Christmas season!
xo,
Karen

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Lovely, all of it.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Tracie,

So sorry to hear that you had the flu and hope that you are feeling better.
Love your beautiful home and the paper whites and roses are very beautiful.
Also the clock is gorgeous and such a lucky person getting this.
Hope that you have a merry Christmas and many blessings to you.

Hugs
Carolyn

Rosemary said...

So pretty Tracie!!
Is it raining? It's been raining here since Friday.
Merry Christmas to you and yours!!
XO,
Rosemary

Cindy said...

Hi,

I just found your blog... love your little work corner. I can't wait to read your posts, and look around !

cindy

Lana said...

Tracie ~ I hope you're feeling much better by now. Thank you for taking the time to share these lovely photos while you were recouperating.

BELLE BLANC said...

Such beautiful flowers - just stunning! I came along to wish you a merry and blessed christmas and a happy, healthy and peaceful new year... Thank you so much for all your visits and your dear comments you left...

love, Mira!

Burlap Luxe said...

Tracie,
Thank you for your beautiful visit to my place.
happy to hear you have pulled yourself through your worst part of being so ill.

I have to tell you I would love to have a little tour through your home, Of course I may want to kidnaps some of your treasures :)

I have to say your little euro chic tree so swedish in so many ways captures my heart. I adore the small painted galvanized trash can it is planted in for the holidays It is so me and I know I will be on the look out for one of my own :)

Take care girl, see you soon girl.
xx
Un Joyeux Noel
~Dore