Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

December 9, 2010

Planted on the Couch

Just planted here on the couch and my bed for a couple days.
Someone was kind enough to pass their sickness on to me.

Don't know who or when...
Don't you hate that?
Planted on my big, sick, cozy couch

I had to post something...
even with this foggy mind 
living in this head
here at the maison.  See?  Foggy!



Some good though...

Jo-Anne Coletti's magazine, 
The Feminine Home arrived late last night. 


Guess FedEx is gearing up for Christmas as 
delivery came after 9:30 pm. 


Since I'm not feeling well, 
Zeke wasn't happy to hear the delivery truck
arriving so late.  

He's not one for working a lot (any) overtime, 
especially during the holidays!

I've just flipped through the pages 
(because of this bug, I seem to flip from
one thing to another even more often than normal... hard to concentrate).
 Every photo I've seen is so breathtakingly beautiful.  

I love having so many friends featured in the magazine too.



I've already ordered a copy for my BFF for a zillion years, so Jeannette
if you're reading this, your copy is on the way.

I did want to show you two little vignettes.

I have to show you at least a little of our
Christmas decorations here at the maison.

And no, we still don't have a tree!

I was supposed to go get it today.


Here are the vignettes though for you!

A little snow man I love 
under one of my tiny cloches
Little Snowman under Cloche
Since I didn't have snow for my snow man,
I did the next best thing...
he's laying atop sand from France



Do you collect sand, rocks,
bits of nature wherever you go too?

Hope so!

And a wonderful ex voto tag
I ordered from Ozma of Odds

I love all her creations!

Here's a close up.  I ordered three different
tags and they're all beautiful in the set.
Ex Voto Tag from Ozma of Odds
Lastly, I have too much time on my hands
for staring into space, tweeting...
yes, way too many tweets today
(sorry tweeps!)


*******


But the fab thing is I found a lovely
French video/song which I love...


Love the message, let's be there for one another
and pick each other up, not tear each other apart!


Take a look, non?


How did you like it?

Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Think I'm going to a holiday open house 
over at Anna Corba's studio if I feel better.  

Please keep your fingers crossed for moi,won't you?  

Whatever you do, have fun and stay healthy!

Time to get back to my couch.
Just look at my Paper Whites... they're getting big
and I have scads et scads of them!
Paper Whites growing, growing!

Happiness to you...

24 comments:

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

So sorry you are sick Tracie, but sometimes you just need a little downtime. Can't imagine anything better than curling up with a new magazine with luscious photos and a hot cup of tea. Try to enjoy what you can of it. And I sure hope you feel better soon.

Hugs,
Judy

P.S. Yes, I collect seashells everywhere I go (bags and bags of them), rocks shaped like hearts, stray feathers, you get the idea.

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Oooh Tracie, I am so sorry you are sick... it was last year at this time I got so sick over Christmas, so I know it is no fun at all... (remember, Black Velvet, if you please?)...love your comfy spot on the couch though, with your beautiful magazines and also love your vintage Baileys cup...your decorations look so pretty, hope they cheer you up... your little package is waiting for you at your PO my notice said... maybe Shayne could pick it up for you... hint... it is something yummy to eat! So cute that Zeke doesn't do overtime, I love you Zeke!... your paperwhites have really taken off, so gorgeous!... get well soon my friend... sending happy thoughts and lots of love your way... xoxo Julie Marie

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh my goodness, Tracie, I hope you feel better soon. I am waiting for my copy of Jo Ann's magazine to arrive and then I am going curl up on my couch to read {I had the bug a week ago}.

Wishing you well, my friend.

XO,
Jane

Sandi said...

So sorry you are sick Tracie!! I do hope you get better soon. My hubby's eye is better, but now he has a cold and a terrible sore throat. Hoping I don't catch it so I can visit my new grandbaby when she arrives...hopefully tomorrow.
Hugs~

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! Love your vignettes!
Your home is so lovely and with scads of paperwhites blooming soon it promises to be stunning! :)

Ozma of Odds said...

...I about feel on the floor as your post is my life at the moment:
~ caught a horrid head cold that has me loopy.
While I do have my tree up and lights on it, the only thing on it at the moment is another Nicole Sayre angel ~ but alas no sand from france, will sand from Carmel beach do?!
I too, got my GORGEOUS magazine last night, but can't focus my eyes on the beautious pages.
~ and a few of my paper whites are almost ready to bloom:)
~ and do I have ex-voto's?? LOL!!
We are two of a kind my friend!
Sending well wishes and a cup of tea to you dear one!!
xo, Rosemary

Heaven's Walk - said...

Aghhhh....that bug is really going around blogland! I sure hope that you're back on your feet soon, Tracie, so that you can bring home your tree. Yup - I bring home pieces of nature where ever I go. It always so much to the decor! Oh, and I love your paperwhites! :) Get well soon!

xoxo laurie

elinAnita (eddaskreativiteter ) said...

Hello:)
I am waiting for the magazin to arrive in my post::)Really looking forward to have it in my hands:)
Hope you will be well soon...
eddaHugs

Burlap Luxe said...

Tracie,
Thank you soooo! Much for your beautiful comment that summed it up with a little comment on simple nature! and my natural tree.

Sorry to hear your are under the cloud of sickness :(
Sending you over cyber homemade chicken soup! get well soon.

So loving your style, I can so relate to your design style.

Blessings
xx
Dore

sissie said...

Hi Tracie,
You are one tough girl being able to produce such a lovely post inspite of being sick....we bloggers are such a special bunch!!

You have a very lovely corner to cozy up in and dream.

Get well soon.

hugs
Sissie

trash talk said...

Being ill is no fun and especially a pain in the neck this time of year. Get to feeling better toot sweet. Maybe a little something extra in the Bailey's cup would help banish the ick.
I'm sure the little snowman loves his place at the beach!
Debbie

Theresa said...

I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling well, here's hoping that today is a healthy day! Your couch and reading material do look inviting though! get well soon, Theresa xoxo
I love Rosemary's exvotos, just beautiful!

La Table De Nana said...

Get well soon..you are certainly surrounded by many pretty things to help elevate the mood..which will help healing~

Rosemary said...

Hi Tracie,
All is well here. Hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your down time and reading magazines.
I'm finally getting caught up around here.
Have a nice weekend,
xo,
Rosemary

A Cottage Muse said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well Tracie! Get some rest and enjoy relaxing with Jo~Anne's new read!

Andrea - Faded Plains said...

Ahhh...I hope your feeling better soon Tracie...but I gotta say...what a beautiful spot to sit and get better...the fluffy pillows and the view...just beautiful.

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh dear! I hope you are better soon sweetie. xo rachel

Sofies Haus said...

Dear Tracie, I wish you all the best! Get well soon! I love your beautiful home! These pillows are sooo gorgeous, hughs ANja

June said...

I am so sorry you are sick Tracie. I will send you good, good healthy thoughts tonight.
I had it about a month ago and the only good thing that came out of it was leaving me even more grateful for good health. Then Landon got it, and so then I good be grateful when he got better.

Your home is such a beautiful haven. I always feel lucky to catch a peek or two. I am sorry about thinking your home was featured in FH, I guess I thought it must be from your post. Julie Marie set me straight though.
big hug

laura said...

Wish I were there to make you some of my healing Chicken soup.. so I will send some good energy your way... all better now. Stay cozy in your beautiful nest.xoxoxo Laura

Fete et Fleur said...

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I hope by the time you receive this comment you're up and feeling great. You have a lovely place to plant yourself though. I love your sweet vignettes!

Much Love!
Nancy

VINTAGE HOME lifestyle said...

I am right there with you Tracie...I have been totally out of it since Thanksgiving. That magazine looks just dreamy.
oooxxx...Cathleen

Sandy said...

I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well, but if it's any consolation I feel better after relaxing in your pretty room!

Bisous,

Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

Joanne said...

My favorite is the picture that includes the "winking" cup of tea. Beautiful pictures!