Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

February 9, 2011

An All Things French Love & Picnique

Wanted to host a little get together
for you, for me...
Our little picnique, care for a seat? Even have a bit of French bottle water for all.
Can't wait for the vines to fill in over our fence this summer,
tons of white fleur vines....


The truth is I've been busy
with my addiction...


All Things French Love
Searching for great finds, meeting new contacts
here in the States & overseas in order to bring
wonderful French & romantic finds to my home,
store and to my lovely customers et friends!


And as a few folks know,
my husband and I have been caring for our 
beloved Zeke, who has been under the weather
now that he's an elderly Great Pyrenees

The Best Dog in the World to Us

If, in your life, you've loved a dog,
a companion... 

You understand what I'm talking about,
cherishing some last time on the clock...
I have to say in type here,
thank you Alice, Claudia & Janet.

Thank YOU for getting me with Zeke
and understanding my lack of correspondence
and for BEING A FRIEND.


I haven't been around and I feel bad about that,
but thought I'd let every one know just what's going on here.
Now...

I had my friend, Lily over the other day.
We sat in the side yard and I took a few
photos to host for you.

The yard's a mess, but why not show the real thing?


Wild Wine Country Mustard
and vines beginning to grow.

So here we go...

Perhaps we'll start with my supervisor cat,
she can't be found until I want to take photos
then she's in every frame!

Love the white camellias, they glow in the Sun and with the Moon
as well... Love to gaze out the window at the bistro set
with the fleurs sitting so close by.



Perhaps my favorite little white box from France
in the middle of the table...

It's worn now but loved even more than the day I picked it up

 Bits of shells, driftwood, zinc, spanish moss and other tidbits fill it up

 Oui!  I love the way it's worn and look how it fits together perfectly.



 I love the rugged box all worn along with my plates from Mayenne
and Mother of Pearl knives from my grandmother

Masculine & feminine mix together for our picnique Français!


Have loved this Le Petit DéJeuner platter
since I found it.

Guess what's inside? Not hard, right?

But of course, the real thing...
The perfect breakfast as the French like it

We're so lucky to be able to walk to the store and purchase
Le Petit Déjeuner here in Wine Country

Here's their link below in case you're interested in reading more
about the Marin French Cheese Company


 Saint Therese also graces the bistro table...

You will find her in My Petite Maison store
come Thursday afternoon.


Of course, I've got my French market cart dressed up
with lots of little French items too

Why miss an opportunity?


A few antique Eiffel Tower bottles, French cornichon jars
and a very old large jar that used to house
Herbes de Provence

This is just an empty French wine case, but I love the picture
of the rooster and hen from "The Old Farm"

 So, what will you use from your collection...

old, new, an empty wine case, or just about anything
to make things festive?  I'd love to know!


Thanks for coming by, reading my blog
and for understanding my lack of being around lately.

Okay, I'm off to stock My Petite Maison store,
I have so many wonderful French finds to photograph
and place in the store for you to see.

Of course, I'll be doing most of that with
Cher Zeke... right at my feet.


By the way, the French giveaway winner
is Kerrie from Sea Cottage.
Congrats, Kerrie.  I'll be contacting you soon.

Thank you to every one for entering and posting
about the event, it means so much to me.

See you soon.

Happiness to you!

36 comments:

KaReN EiLeeN said...

Sending out HUGE hugs and prayers for Zeke. We had a wolfhound and our loss was so hard.....if only they could stay forever......Big prayers for Zeke and you.

My mother in Law has a Pyranese.......we love her dearly.
Bigger the dog....bigger the heart.

Donna Lynn said...

Dear Tracie, I have loved Zeke through your blog these past 3years, and my heart aches for you...it is the most horrible thing that animals don't live longer, I am gonna have a talk with God about that when I get to heaven!

My Teddy is going on 6 already this year, and everytime I see a bit of aging setting it, I get a sick feeling in my heart. OUCH!

I will be praying for you both. We have a dear friend who died in the hospital and came back to life after 2 hours and 45 min., he was in heaven during that time and when I asked him if there were dogs, he said "Yes, the truly good animals get to go!" Whew, I was sure happy hearing that! His case is written down as a miracle at the hospital, I have seen the paperwork! I BELIEVE!!

Take care and kiss that gorgeous big head of Zeke's for me!
XO

elinAnita (eddaskreativiteter ) said...

Beautifuel dog,and nice picyures:)
have a nice day
hugshugs

Elsina said...

I am so sorry your dog isn't feeling well, getting old. I think most of us have been trough it. My dog Jojo is 13 now, I lost a couple of cats, one is missing...it's just so painful. I also wish they would live a human lifetime. Keeping you and Zeke in my thoughts and prayers.

bikim said...

great sunny spot!
Rosa

It's me said...

What a lovely post !! i am glad to sit next to you in your beautiful garden darling !! lovely please give me a glass of water......beautiful !! life is good!!!.....wishing you a happy day !! love Ria....xxx..

sissie said...

Hi Tracie,
I love your beautiful outdoor setting. You have added so many wonderful details and pretties....it's oh so ooh la la!!!

I hope that your sweet baby gets better soon.

hugs
Sissie

Shabbyfufu said...

Oh Tracie....your beloved Zeke. It just breaks my dog loving heart to hear how his life is winding down and the extra care that he needs and deserves at this time. You are such a good maman to him, I'm sure that he knows it:-). Going through the same thing here with Murphy as you know and each day with him is a challenge...he is very demanding and vocal all day long.

We share a love of all things French for sure and your vignettes are so lovely. I will be right over for my petite dejeuner, so save me some of that wine country cheese!

Love to you....as always (kiss Zeke for moi),
xoxo
Janet

trash talk said...

Tracie,
Lovely picnique and quite resourceful! I too keep old boxes...the graphics are so precious.
I want you to know that my thoughts are with y'all and Zeke. There are no words to express the love and bonding that occurs with a wonderful pet. My heart aches with yours and I also understand the need to spend as much time as possible with him. I did it and I don't regret a minute of the time devoted to Jake.
They give us unconditional love and loyalty and for this...we owe them everything.
Give him a scratching behind the ears from me...on behalf of Jake.
My prayers are yours.
Debbie

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Your backyard picnique is utterly delightful, Tracie. How lovely it would be to sit there with you. I am really jealous of how beautiful and green everything is as we are in the thick of winter up here in Montreal. We dream of going to the South of France, but I can see that you don't have to at all...

d. reyné said...

Hi Tracie!
Thank you for having us in your lovely yard. I can just imagine the flowers growing over and how full everything will be...very soon!
I also totally get your relationship with the beautiful Zeke. My precious one...Otis Bleu died a year ago last week and I am so grateful for every minute I spent with him. He was like my big heartbeat at my feet.
I must tell you...I miss him terribly!
I will keep you both in my prayers!
Hugs,
Donna

La Table De Nana said...

Thinking of you and Zeke and sending warm thoughts~
Thank you for taking the time to share your very pretties w/ us~
Take care..Monique

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

Hard to say how pretty everything looks when you feel so sad about your loving companion the best dog in the world. I will hate the day I have to see my dogs go..I have been through it before and it is never easy. I loved the comment by Donna Lynn whose friend confirmed dogs in heaven!! Hurrah!

Pattie said...

Tracie, I understand.. it brings tears to my eyes, my dogs mean the world to me and it breaks my heart to see them get older, It's not fare that to one (person) Sorry but that's how I think of my dogs that loves us SO MUCH has to leave us in such a short time .. Why can't they live for as long as we do... My prayer are with you He is such a beautiful baby.

Pattie

Bleudelavande said...

Ooohh Tracie I understand you!!! Send you big big hugs and prayers for Zeke.
Take care my friend.

Sandy said...

Big hugs to Zeke, Tracie. Hang in there for him.

Bisous,

Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

Claudia said...

Please give Zeke a big hug from me. He is so sweet in the photo, Tracie. Everything in your photos is lovely, but that little Petit Dejeuner covered dish is especially so.

When I look at your photos, I can feel the sun and warmth - something that is sadly lacking around here. Although we do have sun today! Just not warmth.

xo
Claudia

Andrea - Faded Plains said...

My heart goes out to you for Zeke. I've fallen in love with him through your blog...his big fluffy face always puts a smile on my face. Our Oliver is going to be 14 this year...so I too treasure our time together.

Marie said...

Bonjour Tracie! Your yard maybe a mess, but such a tres jolie mess! I love your picnique vignette and everything in it. Have always enjoyed your things!
-marie

Roberta said...

A big hug and a scratch for your boy Zeke. He is such a sweetheart, I can see that Tracie! Sure, I'll stop by for a lovely visit at your French bistro table but only after my grandbabies leave! Will you take me to the flea while I'm there too? For now I'll be happy to step into your little shop to see your tresors ~ Much love, Roberta

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Sorry to hear your big fur baby isn't doing to well, Tracie. Zeke has been a fixture I've come to enjoy here at My Petite Maison. ♥
Your garden setting picnic is so lovely, and how wonderful to have blooms in the garden this time of year!! I need to add some winter bloomers to my garden for next winter.
Hope you have a wonderful day, my friend!
xoxo,
Jo :)

Sandi said...

Congrats to Kerrie. I am sure she will love all the goodies coming her way. Keeping Zeke and you in my thoughts too! Has to be rough.
Blessings~

Alice W. said...

Your yard looks gorgeous to me my dear...and I would come for a picnique with you any day :)

As far as Monsieur Zeke is concerned, he is just as loved over here and will always hold a special place in mine and Renoir's hearts. We pray for him often and hope that however long he has left here on this earth are peaceful, beautiful days and that each one brings joy and comfort to your heart.

kerrie of sea cottage said...

((hug)) Tracie...I did not know your Zeke was not doing so well. I understand how that tugs at your heart. I love my bella bleu as much as my children. You take your time and give him all he needs. I'm so excited I won!!!! How lovely to have some of your french treasures to adorn my Sea Cottage with. But please, no hurry, it will get here when it gets here. Lovely garden setting even in the mess of winter. Some day I will have come sit at your garden bistro table with you. ox

My Grama's Soul said...

Oh dear Tracie......we all get busy with "life" and we certainly understand if you are otherwise occupied. I'm not sure how you manage all that you do...but you do it beautifully.

Hugs and enjoyed this lovely post.

Jo

Robyn said...

Tracie, please give your furbaby Zeke a kiss from me. He is such a handsome boy! Our furbabies mean so much to us, giving us so much more than we could ever give them.

A Romantic Porch said...

Ah, Tracie, You garden is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing it. I hope there is still time to give Zeke a big hug from me. I have loved him through your blog. He looks like a loving and gentle spirit. Take care. Attend to life. We all go through seasons. Some are joyous. Some are sorrowful, but that is the ebb and flow of life.
Happy Valentine's Day to you sweet one. xo rachel

June said...

Tracie dear, don't ever apologize for living your day to day life. All of us who love you, will love you no matter when you come by to see us...or don't. I am sorrowing over Zeke's decline. I wish that our sweet friends didn't have such short life expectancies. We have buried a few sweet pets in our 38 year marraige. It almost makes me not want to give my heart to another one.
What a gorgeous table to sit at and enjoy the afternoon. I am just a wee bit jealouse over your camillias. Of course they don't grow here, but I love them so. Your weather looks beautiful there with all the sunshine.
sending hugs

Rose said...

i have 6 dogs so i know how you feel. enjoyed seeing your photos esp love the flowers. take care rose

Tirabaralla said...

A big hug to your lovely doggie.

Anyway...Italian style is WAY better tha French ;)

Lovely pics and yard :)

Lecoeurdeshommes said...

Bravo pour le choix des objets!

Marianne@Songbird said...

Ah blooming roses and eating outside on the patio. You do bring back some memories and longing for times to come.
Looks lovely! I so wish I could sit with you there for a little while.

Marie Antionette said...

Happy Valentine day my Dear One,
I'm so sorry that Zeke is under the weather.
Your picnic is just devine.
I have not been around either and I do feel bad about that.But you know yourself,that somethimes things can't be helped.But you are in my thoughts.
You take care Hon,
May God bless you and I will say a doggie prayer for Zeke.
XXOO Marie Antionette

Linda Smith said...

Oh Dear dear Zeke.....
Just the thought of him not his happy self.... bring tears in my eyes.... what a delight he is...
We got a Great Pyrenees of our very own..... he is Sam. It was love at first sight..... he is the boy dog I have always wanted..... what an amazing breed. He is nine months and 84 pounds...
Big Sam hugs to big dear Zeke
Holding you and Zeke in my prayers
LInda

VINTAGE HOME lifestyle said...

Hi Tracie,
I hope Zeke is feeling better...give him a big warm furry hug for me.
ox
Cathleen

Patricia said...

big hugs to zeke.
i've just noticed that on zeke's pillow it is writen paul rouanet from SAINT CHINIAN". i live in france 25km from this village !!
Patricia