Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

June 16, 2011

Scenes from a Flea Market {Alameda}


Oui... scenes from a most excellent flea market!

Our drive... beautiful, beautiful sky!

One we're so fortunate to be within a nice little drive here in Wine Country.  All it takes is getting up (very early) and then remembering where we've parked the car!



I'm talking about Antiques by the Bay or Alameda Faire.  It's truly a beautiful place to host a flea market, right on the Bay, with the skyline so pretty within view of San Francisco.

What a view to shop/treasure hunt by...




From my Instagram photos while there... love being able to do that w/my iPhone!



My only problem is there is so much to see and too little time!

Beautiful goods from Atelier de Campagne... always a favorite!
I could live in this booth and have brought many, many things home for My Petite Maison.
See my friend, Barbara from Uniquely Chic Floral & Home there looking for treasures?


Love this booth... one of the prettiest by far.  Hope to find them in July!

 We met this seller/dealer, Colette and her mom at the show.  They were so nice!

I should have asked her more information but we were so busy getting around,
Colette, if you happen upon this post, send me your blog link and I'll post it.



So many treasures.  Large & small.  All wonderful treasures!


Shutters, crusty chandelier and plants.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this booth!

Fell in love with this little dog house, wish it was Zeke's size!

Irma's booth • Simply I. Molina
This is Irma's booth which is beautiful too.  I could live there too.  Irma's from Healdsburg, as I shared with Irma, my blog gets many hits with people looking for her and her business Simply I. Molina, she certainly has many fans/customers!  I should have taken more photos of her booth.  I'll try to remember next time for you!




Barbara & Jesus at Alameda Faire
Above, one of my very favorite photos from this trip...
My friend, Barbara and beautiful Jesus at the flea market!




Me, carrying many loved items!

I wish I had a larger cart...
Whoops, I mean car.

But it was time to load things up in the car.
Many thanks to my ever patient husband that sorted through 
mine and Barb's items and carefully placed everything
in the car for the safe drive home while we chatted away
about what beautiful items we'd found.


Happiness to you!

27 comments:

*The Beautiful Life* said...

I want it ALL! I'd REALLY love one of those French flags!! :)

We don't have flea markets like that here... I can't even envision how wonderful they must be!!

Lucky girl!

Ruth

Shabbyfufu said...

So when I am I invited out....lol! Looks fabulous and we DON'T HAVE ANYTHING LIKE THAT HERE in Florida or the entire rest of the East Coast that I know of!

Thanks for showing us this popular flea from your perspective Tracie....xoxo, Janet

Sandi said...

Tracie this looks like pure heaven!!! What an amazing flea market!! Looks like you found a lot of goodies. YAY for you!! :)
Blessings~

It's me said...

What a great stufff !!! i see here today.......beautiful !!!...enjoy your day darling....love Ria...xxx..

kathee said...

Oh Tracie....You look like you had a great day!! Next time you must come visit me and Post some pics of my booth. :) I hope to be there in July! xokathee

sylvia said...

hi.
so many great thing,
I wish I where there on this marked.
love from sylvia

ANGIE said...

Hi Tracie. I haven't been to Alameda in ages but I agree the area is beautiful. Looks like you all had a great time and bought some treasures. My sis and I hope to go to the big flea market in Canton TX soon. Maybe they'll have one booth with things like you bought!

Angie

Blondie's Journal said...

From looking at the back of your car, I'd say you found some very nice things!! Thanks for sharing your pictures, Tracie!

XO,
Jane

Lara said...

Hi Tracie :)

Oh my this is such a fun post!! Thanks for sharing the pics!! You California girls have thee best flea markets in the U.S! I need to get one of those flea marketing push carts - love the pic! :) Looks like ya gotta have an earlier start for this flea~ what a gorgeous market.. in a great setting! Wonderful!!
Lara

sweetpea said...

i have to agree with ruth as we live in the same area, there is nothing like that here. it looks like a fabulous show and i know you scored some great stuff!

hugs,

shelley

Gracefully Vintage said...

We must of passed in the beauty..
We too went and found so much..
2 big carts full, and we skipped the last 2 aisles, as we had no more room in our van..
Thanks for sharing your trip..
Karryann
Love your pails..

Jackie said...

Hi Tracie!
What a wonderful time from the photos! I love the chair, statue, oh heck...all of it!
Thanks for sharing and have a blessed weekend!
Jackie

A Cottage Muse said...

Thanks for sharing these fabulous displays!!!

DEB said...

Awww Tracie ....Looks like you had a wonderful time!! Its gorgeous there..I am curious..was it cold?
Sure wish I lived closer to CA! Nothing like that here!! And all the goodies you got:) Love em!
Hugs..
Deb:) xoxo

Jeanine Burkhardt said...

Tracie... LoVe all the Alameda Pics!!! I shopped that market about 6 years ago - loved it!*!*! I most certainly would have snatched up the chandelier/sconce!*!*! - Did You???????????
Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

Dianne said...

So pleased you have found some beautiful treasures - I love the old rusty items they have a story to tell and the colour of rust is divine - rich and deep and speckled!

kerrie of sea cottage said...

I really do need to get myself to the Alameda Faire. Can you believe I have never been. I do remember going to a Flea Market in Alameda with my Mom and Auntie who lives in Alameda often. Don't know if it was the same thing. I will let you know whenever I make plans to go so I can meet you!!!!

Rachel Noelle said...

Hi Tracie~ Hey do you know what has happened to Tausha from simply me blog?? I noticed that you follow her blog too and she hasnt responded or posted for a long time..Just worried about her! Hugs,Rachel

French Farmhouse 425

Bleudelavande said...

Ooohhh Tracie such a great flea market!!! Oohhh lucky girl I'm so glad for you and your finds! I can't wait some photos of your finds!
Sweet weekend to you.

Bohemian said...

I'll start by loading up that magnificent Sacred Heart Statue of the Lord and then just about everything in that ultra cool Booth! *Winks* Humnnnn... will all that fit into a PT Cruiser I wonder? *LOL*

Dawn... The Bohemian

Heavens rosé Cottage said...

Oh,GREAT i found you!
You have such a nice blog...!I will stay here for a little while...Lots of Greetings
Lana(I'm the girl from Facebook)Svetalna Schuster ;o)

PRINCESSGREENEYE SHABBYCHIC & VINTAGEDREAMS said...

Ich habe in Lanas Blog geschaut und so auch Dich gefunden und bin überwaeltigt von den tollen Bildern und Posts - ich wünschte, wir haetten in Deutschland auch so imposante Maerkte. Das kann ich gut glauben, dass man sich da ein groesseres Auto wuenscht !!!
Ganz viele Gruesse aus Deutschland von
Jacqueline

blossoms vintage chic said...

Oh my Goodness Tracie, What a wonderful trip...I don't know if I could contain myself!! What a fabulous FLEA...and I love Irma too! So glad you had a wonderful adventure and thank you ever so much for sharing! Alameda is definately going on my wish list!
xo
Debbie

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

I'm secretly glad nothing like that is near me...I'd never save for the lens I need!

xo

Sandy

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Hi Tracie, It's been a while since I have visited and so happy to be here now. Loved seeing your visit to the market and I like your cart. I just got one like that myself. Not an old one but new but it's great anyway. Hope you are doing well and happy. Happy treasure hunting. xo Lynn @thevintagenest

Theresa said...

What a wonderful shopping trip! Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos with us! t. xoxoox

atelier de campagne said...

Hi Tracie,

I didn't know you had done this! Wish I would have known. Thank you for including us. I will see you there next Sunday. Sop by and get a special deal!

Trinidad