Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

September 28, 2011

Our Trip to Petaluma Antique Faire



Old McNear Building in Petaluma Lined with Trees

Last Sunday my husband and I took a drive up to The Petaluma Antique Faire.

After days of 100 degree weather, we woke up early Sunday morning to a light drizzle of rain here in Wine Country.  The drive to Petaluma is just 40 minutes for us and we were excited for a short road trip and the chance to visit with our good friend, Michelle, the owner of Summer Cottage Antiques.  


Doesn't look like much here with the gray skies but it was fantastic!

Okay... now for many photos and not a lot of text.  Most people like to view the "field trip" on their own, so here we go...


When we found our parking space right next to the faire, my husband asked me "do you want to take the cart?"  I almost said no... I don't know why but I said "we'd better take it just in case"... was I thinking people wouldn't shop on a gray day?  Great dealers wouldn't show up on a gray day?   Everyone showed up and very very happy about it too.  I love shopping around happy people searching for treasures!





I am so glad we did take the cart on wheels!  I found SO MANY  things for our home and My Petite Maison, my shop.  I was in 7th Heaven and the effect lasted all day... happiness!

These forks reminded me of a piece in Jeanne d'Arc Living Magazine.  Maybe not for my taste but I know it speaks to many people and it was such a lovely booth.  The dealer took a lot of time in setting up her area in a beautiful way anyone would love.



A lovely French ladder... a bit chippy and quite darling.  We have an amazing one in our home that I was able to purchase from our French neighbor, Charlotte, but this one was darling but quite pricey.


This booth (below) was amazing.  You can tell the dealers that really put their spirit into their
goods, this was one and I wanted to move in even though they were just getting set up:





Grain sacks above and FOR A SONG...
and quite beautiful in every way.



Michelle's store... Summer Cottage Antiques


So very pretty is Summer Cottage Antiques.  I hope to do a field trip just on the store alone... have so many photos I took inside but want to check with Michelle that it's okay to show shots from INSIDE the store as I know, the dealers there work so hard on their own special look.



Loved the little chippy cabinet above but the price was too high
for it was missing two drawers and quite fragile... but then again, 
why am I still thinking about it?


I don't know about you, but part of the joy in traveling
to an event is in enjoying the food you can't get at home, non?

We had been talking about getting a bagel and smoothie for weeks
at Fruit in Motion...

Yes, that's my cart filled with treasures... they're already packed up, safe and secure... I have a thing about secure packaging and wrap items AS I BUY THEM, the dealers I know, realize that about me and are so kind about my obsession as they love their goods, of course, too!




Yummy bagels... worth obsessing about (period ;)

Choices and choices of fruit smoothies.  As always... something with passionfruit, yes, always the same... be it in France, it's passionfruit or here in the States, my very favorite!

Petaluma Pete at his Piano


The best thing about walking to the car is strolling past every 
beautiful old home along the way and imagining what they look
like inside with wonderful flea market finds stashed inside,
all the stories each tells about its owner finding them on a special day!

By now, you know... I love living in an old, old house with many creaks
and filling it with flea market finds!


It was a fantastic day!


I'll be stocking My Petite Maison all week and I almost can't believe
I'm saying this already but Alameda, Antiques by the Bay is this Sunday.

This year, the calendar has been filled every weekend with antique adventures.
It's truly been unbelievable all the wonderful goods in our own backyard.

See you next week and keep checking the store...
Stocking all week, My Petite Maison is FULL!


Time Worn • Time Loved Items 
France & The Netherlands

10 comments:

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Looks like so much fun Tracie!! Can't wait to see all your treasures! :)

kerrie of sea cottage said...

Petaluma is one of my most favorite cities. We drive thru on our way to the coast. We used to always stop at the skateboard shop and Board Betty's(no longer there) to buy beachwear. I have never been to the bagel smoothie place. I will definetly look for it next time. My husband loves the Peets coffee shop in Petaluma...even though he is a Starbucks guy. One of his best friends lives down one of those cute streets with the picket fenced cottages. I can understand why you had such an amazing weekend!!!

sylvia said...

wow,so beautiful and fun to visit you blog to day, I want to live near all this lovely things....so far away.
but I have a lot of happines to look at your picture,
thank..
from Sylvia

Karen Valentine said...

It LOOKS like a fantastic day!! I mean in my mind what could possibly be better than a cloudy day, a great flea market and a bagel and a smoothie!! Heaven!!!
xo,
Karen

the vintage bricoleur said...

I missed going to the Petaluma show this time. I love that town! Thanks for sharing your photos. Yes, Alameda this weekend and Remnants the next. Getting ready for both. Terry

Faded Plains said...

What an amazing market...ahhh....how I wish there was someplace like that here.

Bella said...

Hi Tracie,
Looks like a great day! Yummy antiques and yummy food, I have been smoothie crazy lately:-)
Hugs,
Bella

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

Looks wonderful Tracie! I brought a cart to Brimfield and was so glad I did!!

DEB said...

Ohhh Tracie...looks like such a fun time!! The shops look soo awesome!! And all those goodies!! Your shop always makes me drool hon..I wish I could go with you:)
Of course last sunday was special..you called me & made my day:)
Hugs..
Deb:) xoxo

One Shabby Old House said...

Hi Tracie,
When we visited California we got the chance to visit Petaluma as well. Such a sweet town. I drove all around taking pictures of the old houses and was in heaven and got the chance to visit that sweet shop. I am going to have to dig through my pictures now and relive those memories.
Hugs
Becky