Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

September 13, 2011

Waiting for Fall Weather and Goods at My Petite Maison

Hi everyone,

I don't know about you, but I'm wanting to enjoy some crisp, Fall weather soon.  We're still running our A/C here today but I hear tomorrow and Friday we're in for some cooler weather here in Wine Country.  I can hardly wait to cozy up and enjoy cool or even cold walks with my husband throughout town while wearing lovely sweaters and such!
Bits & Pieces in My Petite Maison
I am so busy with my store these days.  I apologize that I don't have time to update my blog on a regular basis right now.  There are so many antique shows going on here in Northern California  that I find myself attending one or two events every weekend and then running around like a crazy person throughout the week trying to get items cataloged and photographed for my shop... I think I may need to re-enroll in time management classes!

I wanted to take this opportunity to post a few new things that I've added to My Petite Maison in the last week here and to say hello/bonjour and let you know I've missed chatting with you here!


Old French Mercury Hearts (Very heavy)


Love these mercury hearts from France... Wanted to keep all of them all but all but ONE is off to a new beautiful home as of yesterday!




Antique Wire Trivet


Always a favorite... just out of Jeanne d'Arc Living Magazine it seems!


Old French Oyster Crate • Pretty Patina!
Yes, an old French Oyster Crate with the perfect patina from years in the Mediterranean Sea.  Perfect for magazines or anything really... 




Vintage White Pie Safe from France
And this is one of my favorites.  A darling little vintage French Pie Safe waiting to be filled with lovelies in a cute home/maison.


I do hope to be back to posting soon and sharing some of my favorite Fall recipes from here in Wine Country, California.  




I want to take a moment to announce the winner of The Feminine Home - Where the Heart Is...  it's Jo Jo from Jo Jo's Joys
(Jo Jo send me your mailing info., please ;)


And I thank everyone that entered with much appreciation ~ Merci!

 My Petite Maison • Time Worn • Time Loved from France





18 comments:

Ivy and Elephants said...

Great post, Tracie. I'm glad your shop is doing well. I love that pie safe. Is it for sale perchance?I'd love to snap it up!
Hugs,
Patti

Barbara Jean said...

wonderful treasures!!!

blessings
barbara jean

About Vintage French Hen said...

What lovely treasures Tracie! I've missed your posts, you always inspire me. I'm anxious for Fall too. Seems like Football Season just screams "Fireplace"... And "Go 9ers!!!"
Marcia

Fishtail Cottage said...

Oh my. i love that candlestick with the jewels dripping off! is that for sale? would love to know??? xoxo

It's me said...

What a lovely things you show us to day....eh that first picture....look at my post now !!??...love from me....xxx...

Shabbyfufu said...

Have fun picking up all of those French goods at the shows my friend. Wait...I KNOW that you always enjoy whatever you do!
xoxo

Rhonda said...

Time management is so hard. I agree, perhaps I need a class, too.

Wonderful treasures and I just love your blog and shop!

kerrie of sea cottage said...

Ooooh, love the mercury hearts. It's hard not to keep everything. I'm like that even with the one of a kind paintings I've been doing. I want to keep them all. hee hee. Lovely days here in Northern California. I am hoping to maybe go to Apple Hill in Camino this weekend in the early morning hours for some fresh apple donuts!

Ido said...

Love all those treasures from France! We are having cool mornings and evenings, fall is in the air already!
Wishing you a great day!
XXX Ido

June said...

You have been unearthing some beautiful things for your shop Tracie. I know you must enjoy the flea markets there in CA. So many great things to find.
hugs...

Jojo said...

Well I was reading along enjoying all the treasure and you could have knocked me over with a feather - a beautiful feather of course! Thank you so much for the amazing news, today especially. I'll send you an email.

Heaven's Walk said...

I think the majority of us are looking forward to a wee bit of nip in the air, Tracie! Sad to see the sweetness of summer slip away, but wearing sweatshirts again is always wonderful. :) Luv your new items in your shop. Those hearts are gorgeous!

xoxo laurie

A Cottage Muse said...

We are in for some cooler weather here in New England this weekend too!
You have some beautiful treasures ~ love those hearts!

Jennelise said...

I love the mercury hearts! Last Christmas I fell in love with mercury glass ornaments - I think they look magical. :)
Jennelise

Linda Carole Bloom said...

Wonderful stuff! Glad your shop is doing well! Not ready for fall. It's freezing here (in the 50s tonight) and I am off to Cape May tomorrow. (Go figure)! Love, Linda

the brown shed said...

I enjoyed perusing through all of your beautiful wares in your shop. I imagine I will enjoy your blog just as much.

Christi

Kris Pare said...

Those tiny mercury hearts are gorgeous but everything is! After a brutal summer here in the South, I am glad for the cooling weather. Happy that your shop is doing wonderful. Kris

Bleudelavande said...

Oooohh Tracie everything is just amazing!!!!
Have a nice day.