Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

December 15, 2011

Paperwhites of the Season

Wanted to show you a few of the paper whites I forced this holiday season.  



I had planned on putting them throughout the house, but ended up putting most of them in one large zinc pail from my French flea market adventures.  This pail had been sitting atop a shelf lonely all summer and it came to me that I could place four of the 7 plants I've forced in this pail.  I love it filled with paper whites and Spanish moss.



So.... here are the photos, they've grown so tall.  I wanted to get a photo or a few photos before they were gone.



I also want to take a moment to thank everyone that left me a comment either through my blog, Facebook or Twitter about Buttercup.  I am happy she's home, just picked up her ashes this afternoon and she's with us watching over My Petite Maison in spirit.  I will get around to thank each of you personally, but wanted to say it here too.  THANK YOU.



So without further adieu... here are 4 of my paper whites in one place!





I have had the old pine cabinet in the background for over 20 years and have just moved it into my petite kitchen.  I used to keep peach potpourri that I purchased with my dear friend Jeannette (by the arm loads in Los Altos when we worked nearby).  After all these years, the cabinet still smells like fresh peaches with no potpourri at all.  I love it!  We have even caught Zeke sleeping with his head inside the cabinet a couple times which our family still laughs about... his loving the sweet smell of peaches!

Anyway, back to the cabinet and its look.  I love the contrast of the vintage plate rack in white and aged patina of the pine from Europe... then when the sunlight comes in, it's just heavenly to me.  Those are my colors, the 4 o'clock glow!



Never ever hurts to add a white candle, or three! See the wear on the cabinet?  Lots of wax, lots of years.  200 from someone else, 20+ while we care for it here at My Petite Maison.


Have a great weekend, friends!  We have yet to get our tree for Christmas...  That is our plan for Saturday and think it will be the first time in many, many years it won't be a living tree.  We can't seem to find one over a foot or 2 this year.  Wish us luck • bonne chance!




Please visit My Petite Maison 
 
 
and Twitter too!


My Petite Maison
Time Worn • Time Loved Items from France
That Romance Your Home

12 comments:

cityfarmer said...

hi sweets
long time no talk

love seeing your home bedecked!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours

Kris said...

Tracie,

I love paper whites and yours look so gorgeous in the pail. Mine always seemed to fall over from the long stems. I tied them up one year! LOL

I love the pine chest and the white plate rack. Everything looks so lovely.

We purchased our artificial tree 2 years ago after years of purchasing real ones. While nothing takes the place of the fresh fir scent, it sure is easier to put up the tree. LOL I have made balsam/fir candles a must just for the scent.

Kris

kerrie of sea cottage said...

Oh me too...I like the contrast of pine and creamy white. I like your vintage dishes inside the plate rack too. Your paper whites look perfect in that old zinc pot! It's all lovely.

A Magical Whimsy said...

Your paper whites are divine! and I adore your kitty photos!
Smiles~
Teresa in California

trash talk said...

I have a soft spot for waxed pine and yours is a charmer.
I've been on and off the computer lately and I didn't know about Buttercup. I'm so sorry to read this and I'll be thinking of you today.
Deb

Tinas vita bo said...

Lovely photos!!

Hugs Tina

Rhonda said...

I j'adore your paper white vignettes!

Heaven's Walk said...

There's something so heartwarming about seeing those paperwhites at Christmastime, Tracie. I always find myself thinking, "You can make it through this long winter. Spring will be here before you know it...". So thanks for the breath of spring today. :)

And I'm sending you an extra special hug today, too. I know how difficult it is picking up our furbabies' ashes. ♥

xoxo laurie

DEB said...

Sweet Tracie...I LOVE your paper whites..so magical for Christmas! Love the zinc pail..& love love the photos of your darling home!!
I know how hard for you to bring Buttercup home...extra hugs to you sweets (((((( ))))))
Hugs,
Deb:) XOXO

Linda Carole Bloom said...

I can almost smell those paperwhites - they look so pretty in the pail.
I am so sorry to hear about your Buttercup. I lost my golden Cassie December 5th to cancer. It is always so sad to lose a furry family member. Remember the good and cute times, Love, Linda

Edie Marie's Attic said...

I love paper whites! They are so delicate and fresh looking this time of year. I'm glad Buttercup is back home for the holidays. Our little Misty poodle is watching over us here on "Golden Pond" too.

Merry Christmas sweetie and have a blessed New Year!

Big hugs, Sherry

JACQUELINE said...

Merry X-Mas from switzerland

Jacqueline ♡

http://jacquelineswhitehome.blogspot.com/