Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

February 7, 2012

Vintage & Antique Weekend

Bits and pieces of our vintage and antiquing adventure weekend for My Petite Maison, the boutique and home...

It began with an early morning walk.  I was thrilled our first stop would be right here in town so there wasn't the need to get up early on Saturday morning!

Local Church in town flying beautiful American Flag

Cutest little store called Me 2 U vintage in town that's fixed up like a
little cottage... Lots of cute items to see!








Love the way this photo turned out.. Don't forget to dream!



Another beautiful birdcage filled w/vintage goods


 Next, we headed to an estate sale two towns over from ours which was AMAZING...  I was fortunate to find many lovely items for the store that I'll place in the boutique soon!


 It was a full day but I was so happy to know the next day, Sunday, we'd be heading to Alameda Antiques by the Bay to shop for the boutique and visit with friends.

I even managed to get all my goods together (cooler, clothes put out and backpack ready to go... with my husband's help, of course).  I'm really not good at the planning ahead part of the treasure hunt, but am working on it as it made leaving the house early the next morning A LOT easier!!

For the next part of weekend, I'm just going to show lots of photos... hope you enjoy.


Up before the Sun!


Cherishing another day!





Love this booth, vintage dresses and an old radio playing vintage music!
Went by to say hello to friends Trinidad & Martin of Atelier de Campagne


From another dealer, a beautiful chair I can't stop thinking about...
Fell in love with this chair, but didn't purchase too $$$ for me, kind of wish I would've now...

Next stop, breakfast around 10 AM!


I ordered the Market pizza w/out bacon.  My husband ordered the Margherita pizza.

One of the best pizzas I've ever had... even with those from Italy!!


A little more than two hours in... my cart was overly full and both my arms and my husband's arms were full of treasures from Alameda and lots of fantastic dealers' goods.

So, we made the trek (which was a long one) to the car.  My husband never complains and carried very, very heavy objects all the way without the shuttle.   We truly have a beautiful drive there and back home!


San Francisco Bay

The Marina with a cloud that looks like a bird... flying over!
But it's always good to get to our Sonoma County Line!


Well, that's it for February's trip antiquing.  We were hoping to stop by Summer Cottage Antiques as well to see Michelle but were a little worn out and wanted to get home.  We will be heading that way one weekend this month though, so I will share that visit in the future.




Vignette...  flea market finds


It's time for me to get busy and wrap a few parcels today going to new, beautiful homes.  I hope you have a wonderful week!  I've included a photo of my little antique table from France with a vignette and my vintage flea market hat in the last shot... I love it!


My vintage Flea Market Hat :)




Please visit My Petite Maison 
 Twitter 

10 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

I love it too:)

What a great time you had:)

Alicia Geikowski said...

really loved going treasure hunting with you all the way from Australia
alicia

Boho Farm and Home said...

Looks like a fun day! Sorry about the chair...I feel your pain...I know that feeling. Loved Trino's booth too. xo Caroline

Kris said...

Really pretty chair, sigh...sometimes it's the things you leave behind that you wish you had bought.

Your trip looked like FUN and so did the pizza. The weather looked great and I'm glad you got to stop by and see Trino and Martin.

Kris

Cindy said...

Sounds like a wonderful fun trip! Your Hubby sounds like a sweetheart too, and ohhhhhh my goodness that chair... sigh

Cindy

Mar said...

What a marvelous time you had...all those treasures, seeing the gentlemen at Atelier, pizza that I could almost taste looking at your photo, and time spent with a darling husband! Thank you for the armchair visit...and speaking of chairs...oh my, what a lovely squishy one.Perfect to curl up in, with a good book and cup of tea. Do you know the dealer, to perhaps call and ask if it still available? xxoo

Curtains in My Tree said...

What a great trip I never never seen anyone post about the Alameda flea market and not show great stuff around Sonoma?

I will be watching for your new etsy posts from the estate sales

Bleudelavande said...

Oooohhh Tracie tank you very much for this lovely walk in San Francisco!!!! I enjoyed it!
Have a nice weekend.

Debbie said...

Looks like a wonderful day to me!
So glad you took us along, Tracie.
Love your vignette with your Flea Market Hat.
xxoo

à la parisienne said...

Tracie,

I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by and congratulate me the other day; it means so much to me coming from you!

Mandy