Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

February 3, 2012

Weekend Wishes

From me and My Petite Maison this weekend...

My husband and I are gearing up for a BIG weekend of antiquing for my store, My Petite Maison.  I am so fortunate that my husband doesn't mind missing the Super Bowl, as he's not a sports guy and loves to shop with me. My hubby loves to go people watching when we go antiquing.  It's so neat that he's got friends that recognize him from our adventures, so while I shop, he can chat with a good friend and always... I take my time looking for treasures!

I wanted to show you a few of the items I'm so proud of that have recently found new beautiful homes.  My clients and friends that shop My Petite Maison are truly very kind people and it comes through time and time again.  You know who you are and I have to say thank you for making my job one of fun.  

I truly do jump up and down (little jumps ;) when I find something that's on my list for clients & friends!!

Vintage plate from France


Little French Doll's Armoire


Charming French Table


French Religious Fragment

French Oyster Crate

Very Rare Terre de Fer Plate from Paris, France



There are many more items that have gone to such pleasant people!
 
I'm hoping to find many more treasures.... I think it may be a given since we know of four, yes 4 events we are going to attend this weekend.  The only thing I believe we're going to run out of is time!

Don't worry, there are still lovely French, Nordic and Shabby style items in My Petite Maison's boutique.  Like this 

Madonna and Child (Vintage Piece)
Just click to view boutique goods from My Petite Maison

French Blanc (White) Jardiniere

I wanted to take a moment and say a little something personal and post here I'm thinking of my dad today and through this weekend while we're having a good time shopping away.  Today, Friday is my dad's birthday and as always, I miss him a lot but carrying him and all his kindness in my heart.

I love you, Dad and know you're watching over Zeke - or maybe he's watching after you!

Many thanks to my dad for building me my first playhouse as a little girl. The decorating bug is still with me!  Love, your Baby Blue Eyes


Me and my Dad ~ He hung the Moon!




So... what are your plans for the weekend.  Are  you watching the Super Bowl or taking advantage of the quietness somewhere else?  

Whatever it is, enjoy!




Please visit My Petite Maison 
 
 Twitter 



My Petite Maison
Time Worn • Time Loved Items from France
That Romance Your Home



14 comments:

Al said...

That photo of you and your Dad is so sweet. I love how you have matching sneakers too! Have fun treasure hunting this weekend.

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Hi Tracie,
Gorgeous pieces that you found! And I adore the photo of you and your Dad! So sweet and wonderful!
Hope you have a fun weekend shopping.
Sincerely,
Melinda

kerrie of sea cottage said...

The first plate in this post is one that I loved. I believe I listed it in a treasury on etsy. So glad they found lovely homes. Have a wonderful time with hubby. We will be watching the Super Bowl even though the 49rs didn't make it! We have two sons(and one used to play football) so we gotta watch. I will grill organic bacon,avocado,provolone cheese burgers! It feels like spring here and our backyard gets lots of sun so its is warm..and lovely.

trash talk said...

Tracie,
I'm pretty sure you know he hung it just for you...right?
Have a lovely weekend.
Deb

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Hi Tracie,

I just LOVE those beautiful plates! Also love your site too! :) Happy to find you and follow along!

Take care and have a most wonderful night.

XO's,
Jessie

acozycottageinthecity.blogspot.com

P.S. That pic with your dad is just adorable! :)

La Table De Nana said...

Aahh ..sweet post~

Top to bottom..

Sandi said...

Hi Tracie,
Beautiful goodies in your photos. Have fun this weekend. I know I am. At my sons house and we are going to a RE store where they have old things. Can't wait!
Blessings~

Anne said...

Sweet photo of you and your Dad.Have a fun weekend shopping with your husband.

Kris said...

Aw, what a very S~W~E~E~T photo of your dad! I'm sure he and Zeke are taking care of each other.

You have a wonderful eye for antiques and I think the first item is my favorite. My favorite color is blue and it is always the color that draws me when I see a variety of colors together.

Have fun today and tomorrow shopping. It will be a quiet day for me except when I watch Downton Abbey on PBS!

DreamChallenge said...

Tracie your pictures are beautiful. Here in OH it is raining and the rivers are rising. Our dafidilli think it is spring and will bloom any day now. Crazy. I posted some new knitted gifts on my blog. Several of my friends are going through chemo or radiation and a warm scarf or hat is just the most welcome gift. So glad you have a fun trip planned for the weekend. We are football fans, Go somebody. Usually I pick "my team" by the color of the tight pants. LOL
I want to tell you how touched I was with the picture of your beloved Dad and the play house. My Dad helped your Dad hang the Moon and he is now in Heaven watching over us. Thank you so much for sharing real life and personnel feelings. Jan

Barbara Jean said...

fun, fun, fun!!

Love that little table, and the basket and urn.

Also loved getting home from vacation tonight, and finding my new magazine prize waiting for me!!

thanks you.
Already enjoyed a cup of mint tea, and look forward to a quiet time of reading tomorrow.

blessings
barbara jean

A Cottage Muse said...

Beautiful post and beautiful picture of you and your Dad!

My mister and I went treasure hunting on Friday and we will be watching the Super Bowl today!

cityfarmer said...

I have cozy pictures in my office of me as a kid with mom and dad ... priceless ... like you my friend

Mitzi said...

I skipped the Super Bowl and spent time online, listing things on Etsy. You have some nice finds in this post, and the pic of you and your dad is just precious!