Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

May 3, 2012

White Lilacs & Vintage Tufted Sofa

Our Maison is glowing these days with shades of creams, white and as always, natural colors from sweet nature's inspiration.

An old jar brought back from travels in Italy (Truffle mayonnaise) filled w/white lilacs

I was able to find the vintage tufted sofa of my dreams a couple of months ago and finally have the opportunity to show you now.  Of course, because our little front room will be changing in the next couple of months for summer dreaming.


I just love it and its old style & charm.  The best thing, it's in perfect condition.



We have a large white lilac tree in front of the house and every year, I can't help but cutting a few to bring inside for their heavenly smell and great beauty.  




I've purchased a couple beautiful white & cream rugs to layer & can't wait to add them here
I love the way the small, white petals float on my old French table... bit and bit of loveliness
Pretty petals, antique table, antique bottles
 
Hope you enjoyed a little bit of white on white and nature today.

Many new items are being added to the boutique from France, Scandinavia & the States over the few days.


Have a great weekend, hoping it's filled with loads of loveliness and special times for you.


Please visit My Petite Maison 
in the following locations below:
 
 Twitter  



On Instagram, 
I'm TracieMyPetiteMaison


21 comments:

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Tracie: You new sofa is so beautiful. What a wonderful find. Your petite Maison just sparkles, and the sweet smell of lilacs added must be like heaven..Happy Thursday..Judy

Blondie's Journal said...

Your sofa is beautiful...very elegant and I love your coffee table, too! How nice to be able to cut those fragrant flowers and bring them in everyday! Heaven!

XO,
Jane

Heaven's Walk said...

Beautiful vignettes, Tracie! Our liliacs are just about finished for the season, and the garden is still full of their fragrance! There's nothing better than making the shift in house and garden from spring to summer.... :)

xoxo laurie

Kate said...

Always so beautiful to be inspired by you! Have a wonderful weekend my friend

Hugs
Kate

victoria said...

A beautiful post Tracie...such style and grace you have

Love
Victoria

Mar said...

Dearest Tracie,
How calm and serene your lovely home is. It looks like a huge sigh feels after a most stressful day. Pure bliss. Your sofa is perfectly elegant with that wonderful mooshie look we all love. What a find!
Thank you for sharing and have a great weekend! xxoo

Bella said...

Hi Tracie,
LOVE your new sofa, I am crazy for all things tufted (even the word!) :-)
Bella

Hege Sletsjøe Morris said...

Thank you so much for your message!
Your blog is beautiful!
Nice day to you! Hege x

trash talk said...

Maybe because I can't go grow lilacs here in my part of Texas, but to me they are the most romantic of flowers. Elusive, heady, beautiful...just like a woman.
The couch is a perfect fit for your world of soft luxury.
Deb

Curtains in My Tree said...

Your room looks so comfortable and love all the jars with lilacs in them

your sofa was a great find, I have been thinking of a new sofa or different one anyway

I always enjoy your lovely posts

Debbie said...

Oh Tracie, your sofa is absolutely gorgeous! Such a heavenly place to relax.

kathee said...

Hi Tracie, Love that sofa and also LOVED your coffee table! I wish we had a Lilac bush here...I only get to see them in pics...must smell amazing!
Have a beautiful weekend...xoxokathee

Kris said...

Lovely photos! I love the tufting on the back of the sofa and all the beautiful flowers in the various bottles and containers.

Sandi said...

Beautiful find Tracie! I love your lilacs too. I hope to have white lilacs someday. Planted a bush a few years ago and it had one teeny tiny flower on it this year. :(
Blessings~

Kelly Ash said...

Oh Tracie!

What a lovely sofa! You must have been ecstatic to have found it in such good condition! I had to make a slipcover for mine.

And oh the joy of white lilacs!! Aren't they so pretty! We just had a big plant auction in Portland a few weeks ago, and the white lilacs got the highest bids!! There is something so special about them!

Wonderful photos as always!
~Kelly

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Oh Tracie,
It is amazingly gorgeous!!~ Pure heaven! And then paired with the white lilacs and roses, *swoon*~~~!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Sincerely,
Melinda

stadtgarten said...

Your home is beautiful and I can smell the lilac through your photos!
Monika

Anne Lorys - Fiona and Twig said...

Tracie, I just want to move in with you! It's such a gorgeous haven of peace and beauty, my friend.

Hugs,
Anne

Mary Ellen said...

Such a beautiful space! Love the sofa!

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh, i LOVE your tufted sofa, it's fabulous! A cream vintage tufted sofa in perfect condition, and fragrant white lilacs... come on... what could be better than that!!??

Cindy

PURA VIDA said...

Love your look, very romantic