Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

June 13, 2012

Flea Market Antiquing & an Introduction to Bechet



First of all, we are loving this time of year at My Petite Maison.  You?


Antique French Botanical Box with Leather Strap by My Petite Maison


I want to take some time to share a few photos from our past few weekends with you today.  We've been so busy with antique fairs, as I mentioned in my last post & attending some outstanding events here where we live and trying to get our garden ready to go for summer.  It's all good and we're blessed.

So much to do this time of year and embrace making special memories with family and friends.

Here's a little peek into our town's flea market a couple weeks ago.  We had such a great time talking to neighbors while on our way to the event.  Love that we're able to walk with the cart I take to all the markets.  It's really fun to see what our neighbors have found while we're walking back and forth home, then back to the market again and compare notes.   Again, this year, we went back three times.  That seems to be my lucky number for trips to the fair!


I thought the potting tables above were really a great idea.  There were quite a few different ones made with vintage materials.

At the center of it all... Our town gazebo, where a lot of musicians perform during the free concerts we've been attending and will continue to all summer.


As always, lots of antique French goods that speak to my heart to bring home to My Petite Maison (the home & the store).



Really beautiful goods brought to us by nice, talented antique dealers and best of all, friends that we hope to visit in their country of the Netherlands some time soon.  Who could pass up a lovely invitation like that?  Thank you for the invite, Marina & Mike!

Beautiful linen pieces from Europe.



Today, I also want to introduce you to the newest member of our My Petite Maison famille...


Sweet Bechet • Great Pyrenees from France
This is Bechet, our new puppy.  My Petite Maison has been quite lonely and we needed a dog to fill our hearts up a bit.


I do have to say, there will NEVER be another Zeke, but we know sweet Bechet will come into his own perfect place in our hearts for him.


We picked Bechet up on May 18th and think the world of his family.  We were able to meet his loving dad and uncle (his mom had to stay home w/her other pups).


Waiting for their place at the show! 
I walked up to hold Bechet and take him from his crate and was met with a head up and very slight "boof" from his uncle... "Are you sure you're supposed to be opening that puppy's crate?"


We can't say enough about the Great Pyr.  If you've even had one in your family or have known one, you truly KNOW what we mean.  Loving, loyal, calm and most of all ~ giving.




This was Bechet's very first moment with Pippi Rose


And the second...


Bechet et Pips


So, we're starting a new chapter here and happy for a chance to love someone fluffy again.




Bechet's uncle, Brody kissing him good-bye (for now).




Of course, he found a perfect spot right in front of our attic door.  The best cozy place in the house!


I also want to mention that I've stocked new antique goods of French-Nordic history to the boutique.  Here are just a few:




Antique bread cutting boards from France (with Bechet watching on... getting to know the ropes ;)


Antique Cooling Rack by My Petite Maison




Our Lady of Afrique by My Petite Maison


Thank you for visiting with us today and meeting our new Great Pyrenees.

Hope you're all doing fantastic and enjoying this time of year too! 
Please visit My Petite Maison 
in the following locations below:
 
 Twitter  


On Instagram, 
I'm TracieMyPetiteMaison


11 comments:

Curtains in My Tree said...

Oh how sweet you adopted sweet Bechet , I am sure he will have a wonderful life with you and the rest of your family
seems like Uncle was sad to see him go , I am soft hearted person when it comes to animals

I am liked that bread board, and want a couple that says B R E A D on them but they are so pricy, love the bread knifes also

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Tracie -
I had only notice today the comment under Zeke's photo. I did not know you'd lost him. He was so beautiful...you could see his loving nature in the photos. I am so happy you now have a new love in your life. I know he will never replace Zeke but will bring you his own wonderfulness. I know my Franklin has really helped with the hole that was left after Newman died. I still miss Newman terribly...but Franklin made me move forward and go on. Always love your blog....

Sarah said...

Lucky you with all the weekend antique markets. ;-)
So happy for you that you have a new puppy. We adopted a dog in March. It's been 20+ years since we had a dog, and our little Sadie has definitely brought much love and joy into our lives.

Kris said...

I wish we had weekend antique fairs here :(. It looks as though they had some really chic items.

I'm so glad you have Bechet now. I know he won't take the place of Zeke but hopefully his presence will help lighten the sadness that you have been feeling with the loss of Zeke. He is precious and he has really GROWN since the first photo I saw of him.

Vintage French Hen said...

hello there dear heart! I so want to move to your quaint town, it's like Mayberry! love all your photos of inspiration and especially of your precious babies! Bechet has hit the jack-pot being adopted by you! what a perfect addition to the family. We need to meet up!Marcia

Claudia said...

Bechet is so sweet! I'm so glad you've a new member of the family. I know that Zeke can never be replaced, nor should he be. But you need to fill that empty space in your heart.

xo
Claudia

Roberta said...

omg Tracie! He is so fluffy and adorable!! Was Zeke a Great Pyr also? He is darling! So happy for you. He's ONE lucky dog! xoRoberta

Kelly Ash said...

Oh Tracie,

Bechet is so cute ... and it looks like he is settling in well!

I am in love with those potting sheds! I'm pretty sure I may have an addiction. I wish there were antique fairs like that here, but I am so glad you shared pictures!

Hope you are having a good summer!
~Kelly

Debbie said...

Congratulations on your new family member Tracie! He seems to fit right in.
Sounds like you are enjoying the summer season.
Bless you!!!
xxoo

Heavens rosé Cottage said...

Oh Tracy!He ist so so Sweet!I am So happy for you! And the pictures are so Full of Love and Tender!

Marie Antionette said...

Hello Tracie Dearest,
Your new pup is just darling.And I do know a few Pyn. They are huge,thats for sure.but they are one of the most beautiful of breeds.And look how cute he got along with Pip.I'm so happy for you.

I love the work tables.They are just fab. Of course I love everything you showed...LOL...what else .
Anyway I'm glad you are having a wonderful summer.
Take care Hon,
Marie Antionette