Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

August 24, 2012

Good Weekend Wishes & Miso Dressing

Hi everyone.  I can't believe another week has passed and we're into another beautiful weekend of good fun.  Trying to make precious time count here and at each moment savor the goodness of being alive in this world.  Always.

My Vintage Tufted Sofa • Purchased for a Song in Perfect Condition & Summer Straw Hat

I want to take a moment and thank all the new followers to My Petite Maison • the blog.  You are so very welcome here!  Thank you ~ Merci ~ Grazie from me.

Candlelabras in my boutique for purchase



We've been spending so much time at Farmers Market downtown and our natural food store here.  I savor being able to walk everyday for our food.  What's for dinner tonight?  Let's see what's fresh at the market... or in our yard • jardin!



I have wanted to share my recipe for one of the house • Maison favorites here, my miso dressing.  I will share it today, but also let you in on my brand new find (that's store bought).



This is my miso salad dressing recipe:

1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
3 tablespoons red miso
1 dash light sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 green onions (white part only) finely minced
1/2 inch piece of ginger, finely grated
1/2 - 1 tsp. organic tomato paste or freshly minced in season tomato (large size)

Place all ingredients in mortar & pestle or a food processor and mix until a thick but smooth texture Taste and add a little more low sodium soy sauce if needed.


My dressing is easy and tastes amazing.  Here it is below (sorry for iPhone photo, a bit blurry) on super fresh greens:


Taken quickly with my iPhone, right before dinner.  Miso salad dressing & fresh greens
 But, I have to tell you, friends... I found this dressing at our natural foods market about 3 weeks ago and had to try it.  I had looked at it a few times and finally decided to give it a try.

I can't lie - it's amazing.  Really amazing.  NaGo salad dressing, highly recommended and you can find it here - I purchased our bottle at Shelton's Natural Foods in town.



I like my miso dressing, a bit bold so I still add the tomato paste that I add to my homemade dressing to this one as well.

My favorite organic tomato paste has always been Muir Glen.  My grandmother and I used to make our "famous" lasagna and spaghetti with Muir Glen, I don't use anything else but this brand.  You can find Muir Glen here - again, we purchased our can at Shelton's Natural Foods Market.






Off to savor time with one of my favorite people right now and our pets & a few friends all throughout this spectacular weekend.





Have a great weekend!


Please visit My Petite Maison 
in the following locations below:
 
 Twitter    
 

 


On Instagram, 
I'm TracieMyPetiteMaison

5 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your couch for a song is lovely--as is all the goodies around it. Dinner looks great. Wishing you a great weekend too!

Rebecca said...

It's beautiful in your world....and I'm going to have to try that miso (after I find out what miso IS)! It sounds delicious...

Anne said...

Tracie,
That sounds delicious I must try it! Have a wonderful weekend!
xx
Anne

Claudia said...

I love miso anything, Tracie. Your dressing recipe sounds wonderful. Thank you for the sage and the lovely note of sympathy. You are a wonderful friend.

xo
Claudia

The blog has moved to WordPress. Same URL/mockingbirdhillcottage.com but if you follow through Google Friend Connect you might not get an update. You can follow my feed other ways, through Google Reader, for example. Stop by!

xo

Cindy said...

That's so cool that you make your own Miso dressing, and shop daily for your food. I just love that... the ritual of purchasing fresh local food each day. What a wonderful practice. Thanks for sharing where to find some good miso dressing so i don't have to make any too!
And, oh my goodness that vintage tufted sofa...

Cindy