Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

August 30, 2012

Indoor Studio Puttering & Collecting Cafe au Lait Bowls



I'm spending the day cleaning things up a bit and puttering.  Puttering is a favorite past-time at My Petite Maison.  Puttering is always relaxing to me, you too?  I could putter forever, I think and be really happy at it.  One of my favorite times to putter is late at night, when my family's in bed, safe & sound and I'm happy as a bug in a rug... just moving items around & around.

Vintage lace et Vintage Frames at My Petite Maison

Wanted to share a couple photos of the light, or lack of it in my indoor studio today.  We're having really warm (hot) weather today, because of the heat, I'm keeping the shades closed as much as I can, even though I savor natural sunlight that usually flows all through My Petite Maison in Wine Country.

Pippi Rose is keeping me company today while Bechet takes naps.  She loves my feminine, white tufted chair, as do I.


Here's a better photo, now that she's come out a bit to see what I'm up to and what I'm moving around:

The little stuffed dog is a toy we brought back for Zeke when we were in Italy.  We found it in a cheese shop and I had to bring it to him.  I think the lady that sold it to us was very sad to see it go, she was so sweet about it though - nice people all over the world, you know?

Speaking of nice people, we attended our town flea market last weekend and met two new French women that sell antiques.  I purchased a few things for my store and a few things for our Maison too.  We almost missed the faire, I was thinking it was this upcoming weekend.  It truly couldn't have been more perfect stumbling onto the show and meeting up with old friends and meeting new contacts too.  We even met a nice couple with two Great Pyrenees there as well.  Some days, I just feel the Sun in shining on me, saying this is your day, go for it!  Love it!

I've been able to add to my long time obsession of café au lait bowls.  I think I'm going to need a bigger kitchen, but honestly love the charm of my Paris sized one here that spills out to the gardens.  

Some of my vintage & antique café au lait bowls from France

One more shot (these are all from my iPhone, spur of the moment)... hope you don't mind.

Some of my favorites, the 2 gold & white larges ones from the 1930s France.  Never seen others like them.

Hope you're having good days and getting some puttering in your days as well.



PS... I will be adding new items to My Petite Maison the week after the long Labor Day weekend.

11 comments:

Anne said...

Tracie,
Oh yes I love moving things around.Good thing Mr. Cottage does not mind! I have a thing for dishes too.Sometimes I get too many and I have to part with some.But it is hard to do!
xx
Anne

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I am in love with the white chair--beautiful! Now I want one like that for my bedroom :) Your kitty is adorable. Nothing makes a house more comfy than a kitty or two. :)

La Table De Nana said...

Love the bowls..love to putter..Not at night though:)
Have a great w/e~

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Tracie: I just love anytime when beautiful light shines through the lace curtains. What a gorgeous chair and your bowls also. I putter a lot and talk to myself as I'm doing it!..Happy Thursday..Judy

Simply Me said...

I love your dishes !! And the chair is Beautiful !! and that adorable kitty!!! Have a lovely night !! Tausha

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Oh me too! I love to be up late and I am loving your Latte bowls, I too collect them and love the white.~Cheers Kim

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

I love your gorgeous chair!
Hugs,
~Wendy

Pam Lambky said...

Tracie, I just started following your blog tonight...Wow, love your style! I know what you mean about puttering around the house and just maybe touching up things here and there as I love doing...So much more relaxing though if my house is clutter free and clean! Well, I'm off to explore the rest of your beautiful blog! xx Pam

Claudia said...

I only have two cafe au lait bowls and I need more - I love the size and shape of them.

xo
Claudia

Ellen said...

Love the chair. You call it puttering, I call it putzing around. One of the best things to do in my home. Thank you for sharing your photos.

Anne Lorys - Fiona and Twig said...

Absolutely beautiful!
I love that chair!
XO,
Anne