Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

August 31, 2012

Long Weekend Wishes & A Favorite Thing of Mine


Hello friends of My Petite Maison this cozy weekend... September 1 already.

In honor of this, I'm in my cozy, white socks, ready to nest and savor this time of year. 


I want to wish you and yours a cozy, wonderful weekend with your family, friends and loved ones from here, and if you're celebrating the long Labor Day weekend in the States, enjoy that extra day! It's all very good, isn't it, this time of year?

For Saturday, I'm joining in my friend, Claudia of Mockingbird Hill Cottage's ~ A Favorite Thing party this weekend.  


It's been a long time since I've joined in an event and I'm hoping to meet some new kind souls.  I hope you'll visit with Claudia in her old cottage too.  She's one of my oldest running blog friends and I always feel at home with her, although we don't check in with each other every week, or for that matter, every month or more.  Claudia's a "home" feeling, realness and I cherish our friendship.  It was a sunny day for me when my oldest blog friend, Rachel introduced me to Claudia.

So without further adieu, this is my favorite thing:  

My chippy, old porch filled with plants...


I love being outdoors and I've found over the last year or so, I've needed to be outside a lot... to think, at times grieve and just be with life.  My porch and garden have been that to me... lots to do and hours to spend listening and feeling the breezes blow by ~ being one with nature and an old 100+ year old house/porch that needs a lot of work.



So that's my favorite thing/place to be.  Thank you for joining me today/this weekend.  I'm looking forward to meeting with others joining in too.

Wishing everyone a happy, safe weekend filled with all the people, pets, places you savor in your heart.



16 comments:

Boxwood Cottage said...

Oh I love your pretty and comfy old porch Tracy and can see why you love to spend so much time outside!
Well my favorite thing is my deck and garden too for sure!
A happy weekend whishes you
Carola

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your porch is wonderful--it would be my favorite place too:) Love your cozy socks!

VERBENA.... NESTED TREASURES said...

HI Tracie, starting to blog again & what better place to visit then here..your love your garden & porch..The mix of all your romantic treasures is beautiful & cozy! xo Laura

Claudia said...

Oh, Tracie, your porch is beautiful! I can just see myself sinking down on that wicker sofa, catching the scent of flowers, finding peace. We are both mourning, you and I. I find peace outdoors, as well. There's always something to do and I can lose myself for a while in the garden or gazing at the garden.

Thank you for joining in this week, my dear friend. It means the world to me. Come back next week!

xo
Claudia

craftyles said...

I love your porch and can see why it's your favorite. It looks like a wonderful place to relax and enjoy all those pretty plants. It's still hot(about 100) here in Tx. I'm looking forward to some real fall weather.

Babajeza said...

Beautiful socks. There is nothing better than woolen socks. I was thinking about posting mine too but decided otherwise. :-)

Burlap Luxe said...

Hi Tracie, coming over for a visit and going to sit with you on your porch while we take in the beauty of your rusticness cottage style, loving all your favorite things they are mine too! :)

The beauty all around you is a place of beauty to love.
xoxo
Dore

Ellen said...

Great socks. Beautiful porch. Thanks for sharing.

Lynn said...

I believe I like that chippy old porch too! It is exactly what I consider perfection!
Nice to meet you!

Amber said...

Love your porch Tracie! I would never want to leave it. It looks like a wonderful place to just.... live.

It's Just Dottie said...

I have some socks just like yours. They are so lovely and make me feel pretty.
Smiles, Dottie

It's Just Dottie said...

I have a pair of those socks. I love wearing them .They are lovely and make me feel pretty.
Smiles,Dottie

Sandi said...

I love your porch Tracie! My haven is my porch as well although I don't spend as much time out there as I would like to. :) Happy Sunday!!
Blessings~

Debbie said...

I remember seeing your porch in one of the decor magazines earlier this Spring. I knew in an instant it was your house. The gardens, and all the sweet treasures in the pictures told me it was Tracie's home.
I LOVE seeing your porch, and the settee with all of the pretty pillows, Tracie. I can see why it would be a favorite place for you to sit and experience feelings of peace, joy, and even times of grief.
Enjoy.
xo

DEB said...

Ohhh Tracie...Hon I Love your cozy..gorgeous porch! I can just see me on the couch with the darling pillows...breathing in your beautiful flowers:) & us having a cup of tea....I can see why it gives you peace sweets.
Have a great rest of the week my friend:)
Hugs..
Deb:0 xxoxo

Sally Annie Magundy said...

I loved my visit here. Your porch is so charming and inviting, what pleasure and comfort it must give you.