Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

August 10, 2012

Our Downtown Bakery & Creamery

Happy Friday and Happy Weekend Wishes from My Petite Maison.  Today I wanted to share something sweet and savory.



I'm bringing you a quick tour of one of the wonderful bakeries in town.  It's called Downtown Bakery & Creamery.  They make the most delicious breads, pastries, dough for baking at home, ice cream & they serve breakfasts that are amazing a few days a week.

Como Bread (right top) a favorite along with many others... pain au chocolat, anyone?

The original three partners of the bakery were colleagues at Chez Panisse restaurant in Berkeley. Their goal was to apply the sustainable practices pioneered by Chez Panisse at the bakery.


Above, from the large, round revolving bakery case... choices which are as delicious as they are beautiful.  

I have to add the people that are behind the counter at the bakery remember your name, your favorites and YOU.  The people of Downtown Bakery are truly the best!


 I've included the link to Downtown Bakery & Creamery's Menu here

 If you're an almond/amande lover as I am, you won't want to miss the almond tart or tartlets.

The lemon tart/tartlets are a favorite of our daughters.  Once when no one was looking, Zeke managed to get one off our counter in our old house.  It's the only thing he ever did that with... a love for lemon tarts that just had to be satisfied, I suppose!

 My very favorite is the passionfruit tartlet.  They are decorated with edible fleurs and seasonal fruit. 
 The bakery also carries homemade pickles and ketchup/catsup too.

How about a sugar cookie for your sweetheart?




Amazing vanilla bean bread pudding stacked one atop another...



And last but not least...
Something that makes it home quite often during the summer months (although they have it available year round) is tomato foccacia.  I've truly not had one better, even in Italy.
Tomato Foccacia from Downtown Bakery & a splash of organic chili sauce

Are you hungry yet?  We're planning to go out and enjoy the weekend by getting outdoors, moving around, walking a few miles and then enjoying some good, organic foods from local sources.

I will be back early next week to share a favorite homemade dressing and share in a place we're visiting this weekend.

This is where we eat many meals during the summer.  Where do you enjoy getting together to enjoy the Earth's bounty?




Have a great weekend!


Please visit My Petite Maison 
in the following locations below:
 
 Twitter    
 

 


On Instagram, 
I'm TracieMyPetiteMaison

9 comments:

Curtains in My Tree said...

That was all delicious

have a great week

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

Lucky you to have such a fantastic bakery nearby.
Happy weekend.
Ciao,
Mary

Shabbygal said...

Awesome bakery! You dog is so cute! I love eating on our patio on our old metal patio table.Traci

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

You are so lucky to live near such a fantastic bakery! I am starting to like anything and everything with almonds in it these days but I still have a great love anything lemon. I completely get why Zeke had to have one!

flowerlady464 said...

I would have a terrible time choosing! Sigh...The big grocery stores have pretty much run our little bakeries out of business. The very best one ....had been a family run business since I was a girl...was destroyed in a fire and the owners decided it was time to retire. Oh, how I miss the chocolate creme sticks!

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

That was such a wonderful post! I hope the owners of the bakery see it because they will be so grateful to see how happy they have made a customer! Espicially one who would take the time to come in on a regular basis, take such great photos, include their link and tell all about it! As a small business owner I always feel so humbled when someone like you takes the time to do this. It just keeps you motivated to keep doing what you love!
Wish I had one of those bread puddings right about now!
Cheers,
Beth

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh, i'm dyin looking at all those goodies, i just want to bury my face in all of it! I bet it smells heavenly when you walk in there!

Cindy

Marie Antionette said...

I can just smelle the breads and the pastries and how lovely the bakery looks. My mouth is watering Tracie.
Such lovelt pics also.You alway knew how to take a good pic. Dearest.
XXOO Marie Antionette

Marie Antionette said...

Bonjour Tracie!

I just ate breakfast and this made me hungry! What gorgeous treats... too bad I seem to be on the eternal diet... sigh. But it's always nice to "just look", calorie free! LOL

Big hugs, "Edie" (Sherry from Edie Marie's Attic teaming up with Marie for a while)