Press Twitter Contact The Store About Tracie Home

August 8, 2012

Summer Dreaming at My Petite Maison Jardin

Summer dreaming and tasting the sweet long days of the season is what we're doing.  Heirloom tomatoes, anyone?

Fresh out of the garden • Purple Basil from My Petite Maison's Jardin & Heirloom Tomatoes from Farmers Mkt
I love the combination of tomatoes, this new purple basil that we grew for the first time this year and just a whisp of Fleur de Sel from France.  I crush my own salt in the little mortar & pestle I've had for quite a few years.  I love crushing herbs in it too.

My "Home" sign, overrun by Sweet 100 tomatoes

I've been spending hours & hours of time in my garden.  I just can't see being locked away in the house if I have the opportunity to work outside. I think I mentioned it my last post but I love taking my laptop out with me if I need to get computer work done but the garden is calling to me in full force this summer.



Speaking of gardening, I wanted to let you know about a book that I've loved for years today.  It's called Potager (Kitchen Garden) Fresh Garden Cooking in the French Style.

Potager • I keep this book in my little garden shack for reference
The book is in seasonal sections, which thrills me for my garden and table.  Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter.  It's a book with recipes to use with the very freshest fruits & vegetables from your garden or farmers market.  You can check the book out here - Potager



So, if you're wondering where I am, that's it... My Petite Maison Jardin for now.  

Once the summer is gone, I'll get back to stocking goods for my clients & friends in the boutique, but for now, the days are calling me outdoors to work my family and pets.

French Hat/Coat Rack from My Petite Maison Boutique
 I did travel antiquing yesterday with Bechet to see how he would adapt to my antiquing habits around here while out and about.  He was lovely and I'm looking forward to showing you some of the items we found.  It was a "practice run" so to speak!



Bechet on his way to go antiquing in August through Wine Country.  We did come across this row of sunflowers while out, so beautiful!  I had to stop, get out of the car and take a photo to remember our first trip.





One more thing:  The winner of the Under Nordic Skies Giveaway is Blessed Serendipity - Please send me your mailing address and I'll get the beautiful book out to you to dream your summer days away.

Have fun in your garden this summer.  What are you growing and eating this summer?

Please visit My Petite Maison 
in the following locations below:
 
 Twitter    
 

 


On Instagram, 
I'm TracieMyPetiteMaison

9 comments:

Rachel Pallas said...

Bechet is so precious! xo

Mar said...

Your summer sounds like mine, Tracie! I keep getting distracted by flowers that need dead-heading, dragonflies flitting about, birds telling me they need fresh water, and roses that need to be sniffed!
I ordered your sweet book from Amazon...don't know how I have missed this for my library?
Thank you for another lovely and timely post...they always soothe my soul. xxoo

La Table De Nana said...

Very precious:)

Still have my treasured Tomato book:)

Waving hello to you!

Sarah said...

Tracie, Bechet is darling. Wish I could get our sweet Sadie girl to enjoy taking a ride in the car.

Anne said...

Bechet is so sweet! Glad you are enjoying your summer.It is going by so quickly! Tomatoes and basil are favorites around here!
xx
Anne

Blessed Serendipity said...

Yippee! I see my name as the winner of your giveaway. I am so excited. Thanks so much. Love your cute furbaby.

xo,
Danielle

Robyn Bedsaul said...

In LOVE with Bechet! GREAT shopping buddy!

The Spanish Dahlia said...

Hi Tracie~

This is my first time visiting your lovely blog, the sunflowers are beautiful, I would have stopped to take pics too... But best of all your Bechet has stolen my heart big time!!!!
Enjoy the rest of your week!

~ Steph

Cindy said...

Wonderful post. I loved seeing the garden and the heirloom tomatoes and the purple basil. A friend just told me about fleur de sel, and i've recently tried it, so it was so fun to hear you speak of it, and grinding fresh herbs in the mix. That's so cool

Cindy